eighteenth melody ✯ years

EIGHTEENTH MELODY ; YEARS

✯ ✯ ✯

It was the day that everyone looked forward to and dreaded, graduation. Throughout the time that everyone was busy, a lot of things have changed.

The volleyball team lost and the third years never had a chance to go to Nationals, and it pained the team. Yua, being close to them, wanted to cheer them up and wrote them a song which she sang to them one time. Her relationship with Iwaizumi got better, at least they could manage to tell each other hi's and hey's as well as ask each other about how their day went.

Now, for the performing arts club, things went well. The school started to acknowledge the effort of the girls, supporting the mini show that they prepared so they could still keep the club room for themselves the next year. Everyone adored their performance, and wanted to hear more from them. But since that performance, the third years stepped down from the club and passed the baton to the younger ones.

"You'll do great, do better than us!" Those were the words that Chizue left their juniors, as she stepped down from being the club president.

The graduation ceremony just finished, and everyone of the students were hanging out at the campus as if wanting to stay— they were surely going to miss the school once they go to college or find themselves a job. Performing Arts club and its members were hanging out, spending time with each other since it would be their last time.

"So, you're all going to university," said Mai, making both Chizue and Yua nod with a nostalgic smile across their faces.

"I will, I'll study music," said Chizue, and then spared Yua a glance as if asking her to speak.

"I'm not too sure, to be honest, but I will be. I'll make it work out somehow. After all, Sayaka and I will be releasing our songs starting next week. The past month had been the hardest, recording all the songs and then making the music video, as well as struggling with school work. Being around you guys made me want to never give up at all, seeing how hardworking you all are when it came to our club," says Yua, holding the girls hands.

Everyone gave her a comforting smile, as if telling her that they will always support her. Truthfully, they were very hesitant to be her friend at first but as the months passed by, Yua proved herself to her club. From then on, they all became sisters although not in blood.

"Send us a copy of your debut album!" Eiko exclaimed, shaking Yua's shoulders excitedly. "I'm gonna go brag to everyone that I am close to Matsui Yua when your album releases, hehe!"

The girls all erupted in laughter, finding it funny and endearing that Kagami Eiko supported her senior. They all did, and Yua appreciated that a lot. Suddenly, they all fell silent as it dawned on them. Chizue and Yua will no longer be joining them in the club, even more so in Seijoh. The laughter they all shared would fade away into silence once more, but that was only until they manage to find new members who will share the same dream as the remaining members of the Performing Arts club. Eiko, Kasumi and Mai smiled at their seniors, their tears almost streaming down their faces as they realized that this might be the last time that they will be seeing both Chizue and Yua in a while.

"Ah, just go already! I don't wanna cry about missing the two of you," Eiko said, earning giggles from the other girls.

"We'll be missing you both a lot, and we will forever be thankful for your guidance," Mai said, giving the two girls a sad smile. "Come visit us sometimes, watch us perform on our school festival, okay?"

"I'll try my best to be a good senior to the new members next year," Kasumi muttered, "We'll guide them just like how you did. We'll make sure that we enjoy this club because we love music and performing, and not because we just wanted to save the club."

"Good luck on your next journey, Chizue-senpai, Yua-senpai."

And with the last words that they shared with each other, Chizue and Yua bid their farewell to their juniors. It was the end of it all— the end of an era. It was time to open a new chapter in their lives, a chapter that would change their lives drastically.

Yua, after minutes of walking, found herself stumbling across the same sakura tree where she first met a special someone. Just as she was about to sit down and reflect upon her final day in the said school, she heard running footsteps coming towards her and her name being called next.

A few bystanders might have turned their heads towards the two, but it seemed like the one who yelled Yua's name didn't even care at all. What he cared for the most was if Yua heard her name being called, and if Yua would want to talk.

"Yua!" He exclaimed, panting as he halted his running footsteps.

The peach haired female turned her head towards the familiar voice, seeing the same tanned male that she happened to love. Yua wouldn't lie, the reason why she didn't approach Iwaizumi Hajime earlier at Seijoh was because she was afraid she wouldn't be able to take it if they said goodbyes once more. One goodbye was enough, she didn't want to hurt herself and of course him any further.

"Hajime?" She called, furrowing her brows. "Is there anything that you need?"

There was a small pause that got in between their conversation, until the male decided to break it.

"Ten years," he started, "Let's meet here again after ten years. By then, you have already chased your dreams and I might already be a man worthy of your affections. By ten years, we could probably be able to love each other the way we wanted to, again. So, please wait for me and I'll wait for you as well. Let's meet here again in ten years."

Yua started tearing up, her tears stinging her eyes. Iwaizumi didn't know what to do seeing the girl cry, and he was about to give her head pats but he was surprised when she suddenly wrapped her arms around him.

He could feel the warmth of her hug as well as the slight shaking of the girl, making him wrap his own arms around her. With their hearts beating in sync and their warmth comforting each other, Yua and Iwaizumi felt what was once the love they shared.

"Wait for me, okay?" Yua whispered, pulling away from the hug and staring into his eyes. "I'll be doing my best with Sayaka, and you go reach your dreams as well. Let's be the best version of ourselves. Then, let's meet again."

"Of course, love."

•••••
author's note
i didn't notice that it had been a month since i last updated this— but anyway, the end of this story is nearing. I know that it isn't the best, but still i hope that you enjoyed the chapters published in this book. Have a nice day, everyone! Love lots.