epilogue ✯ you are my melody

EPILOGUE ; YOU ARE MY MELODY

✯ ✯ ✯

Yua was almost in tears as she was holding Iwaizumi Hajime's hand, the both of them walking along a very familiar route. That place, after all, was very special for them. Of course, it still was. There were children walking, laughing as they recalled the events of their class. There were also teenage girls who were squealing about a friend's first date, and a group of boys fooling around as they tried pushing each other jokingly.

"It all feels so nostalgic. It's like those teens were once us. We were once like them, too, so free and didn't have much to worry about but studies and clubs." Yua said, a small yet genuine smile making its way on her lips.

Seeing the smile on his girlfriend's lips, Iwaizumi couldn't help but hold her hand tighter and offer his own smile. There was something so addicting to Yua that he could not explain— something that made him hold on to his love for her in so long. Could it be that it was because she looked so nice, kind and approachable? Was it her talents?

As he thought about it more intently, he realized that it was not only those. It was how from the seemingly perfect female, he saw her break down when no one else did— proving she, too, was human. It was how from the infertile soil that she was, she happened to blossom into a very beautiful flower that everyone so admires.

He loved the fact that no matter how her life, music, was shattered in front of her once, she still had the guts to follow her dreams which then led her to where she is now— she became the person she wished to be when they were in their youthful days.

"-ime!"

"-jime!"

"Hajime!"

It was only when she tugged on the sleeve of his jacket that he managed to wake up from his trance. He was met with a pouting Yua, her eyes glossy and brows furrowed as her peach haired cascaded down her shoulders in beautiful waves.

Is she really mine? How can she be so cute?

"Were you calling me?" Iwaizumi asked, his brows rising while he looked at the woman beside him.

She nodded, her arm wrapping around his as if she wanted to keep him close.

"I was. I was asking if you remember that one time when you said you'd wait ten years for me." Yua explained, chuckling as the male seemed stunned.

"Right. I did say ten years, right? But I'm just glad that we didn't really have to wait that long. How did your fans take your announcement about us?" He replied, rubbing his nape as he smiled shyly.