fifth melody ✯ fortune cookie

FIFTH MELODY ; FORTUNE COOKIE

✯✯✯

"WAAAH! That's so nice, Yu-chan! Your club is going to have a small performance as a club activity?" Oikawa gushed over his friend, seeing her carrying a guitar while walking towards the other gym beside the one that the volleyball team used.

Surprised at the sudden voice behind her, Yua almost jumped out of fear. Realizing that it was Oikawa who was following her, the peach haired female breathed in and out heavily to calm herself before answering the male.

There actually was a reason for her to be pissed at the chocolate haired captain, because for the past three weeks, he had been trying to drop hints to Iwaizumi that she indeed had a crush on the mentioned tan male. As much as she didn't want for Iwaizumi to know just yet, she only recently accepted to herself that maybe she really had a huge crush on the guy. Although she really haven't hung out with him as much as she had to with Oikawa since they literally sat next to each other in class, her little interactions with him between classes, and before and after club activities was slowly building up her attraction for the male.

Some girls in Seijoh may call her dumb for crushing on Iwaizumi when Oikawa was within her reach, but it was the tan male that was slowly but surely snatching her heart from her. She only had platonic feelings for the captain, and both of them knew it.

As a matter of fact, Oikawa was the one who kept pushing her to confess to him before it was too late. Or, in his words, "before a miracle comes and another girl confesses to him instead of to me." In Yua's opinion, however, she wanted to make sure of her feelings more, as well as look out if she really stood a chance with the guy.

"Oikawa..." Yua called, making shivers run down his spine.

"I'm sorry! I really didn't mean to tell Iwa-chan that he had an admirer in our class! But it doesn't necessarily have to be you, you know? I'm just trying to make sure that you two end up together and have cute little Yua and Iwa-chan bab- OKAY! OKAY! STOP! I'LL SHUT UP, NOT MY PRETTY FACE!"

Letting go of his cheek, Yua sighed and then looked down. To be honest, she really felt lucky that she had Oikawa as a friend, as well as the rest of the third year volleyball club members. Also, sometimes she get to hang out with the whole volleyball club because of their captain and vice captain, and she really was thankful for that. But sometimes, she felt like she was like a burden to them, especially to Iwaizumi who had to deal with the teasing from his team just because he was kind enough to the peach haired girl who had a hopeless crush on him.

"I'm sorry, Oikawa. I shouldn't really be like this when you guys-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Oikawa scolded her for even thinking that way.