The Reporter

AUDIO FILE NUMBER 1.3: TRANSCRIPT OF BRANDON JONES

DATE: OCTOBER 3, 2019

LOCATION: STORAGE ROOM, DECK DOMINION CARDS & GAMES, TOWNSHIP OF ARCHANGEL, WASHINGTON STATE

AUDIO FILE BEGINS

BRANDON JONES

Part of the reason I liked Sean was that he wasn't afraid to call bullshit when he saw something he didn't agree with. Plus, he was objective–almost to a fault. Honestly, it was a little annoying, but I knew that I needed that kind of objectivity if I wanted this case to go anywhere.

Sean wasn't willing to take Thomas's videos at face value. He wanted something more concrete if he was going to buy into the possibility that TARN had something to do with the disappearances. So I decided to get in touch with an old girlfriend from high school. We broke up around the time we'd graduated–she'd gone off to college and become a journalist and I'd enlisted in the Army. We'd kept in touch over the years, and I knew she'd investigated TARN, though if the rumors I'd heard about her were true, then she'd paid quite a price for her work.

AUDIO FILE ENDS

AUDIO FILE NUMBER 1.4: INTERVIEW OF JESSE NUENTEZ BY BRANDON JONES AND SEAN O'CONNOR

DATE: OCTOBER 5, 2019

LOCATION: RESIDENCE OF JESSE NUENTEZ, TOWNSHIP OF ARCHANGEL, WASHINGTON STATE

AUDIO FILE BEGINS

BRANDON JONES

Jesse, it's great to see you. Thanks for meeting with us.

JESSE NUENTEZ

It's good to see you too, Bran. And, your...friend?

BRANDON JONES

Yeah, sorry, this is–

SEAN O'CONNOR

Sean O'Connor. It's very nice to meet you ma'am.

JESSE NUENTEZ

Wow. Ma'am, is it? I didn't think I looked that old.

SEAN O'CONNOR

Oh no, ma'am. I didn't mean it like that.

JESSE NUENTEZ

How did you mean it?

BRANDON JONES

That's just Sean's Texan upbringing showing. He really can't help himself.

JESSE NUENTEZ

Oh no. Are you one of those 'American by birth, Texan by the grace of God' kind of people?

SEAN O'CONNOR

I wouldn't say that it's by the grace of god. I think I just got real lucky.

JESSE NUENTEZ

Is this guy for real?

BRANDON JONES

Unfortunately, yes. He's a good guy though.

JESSE NUENTEZ

I'll take your word for it.

BRANDON JONES

Fair enough. So, Jesse, why don't you start with telling us about your background.

JESSE NUENTEZ

God, ok. Well, I've been working as a journalist and copywriter for about 17 years or so. Mostly freelance writing, though I've done some video work as well.