The Informant

AUDIO FILE NUMBER 2.1 A: TRANSCRIPT OF RADIO ADVERTISEMENT BY TARN DEFENSE INDUSTRIES

INITIAL AIR DATE: JUNE 2, 2017

*Editor's Note: The following is a transcript of an advertisement paid for and aired by TARN Defense Industries. Unlike the advertisements aired in the wake of Amanda Jones's disappearance, this audio file has been speculated by some to be part of a larger campaign to maintain positive public opinion of the organization.

AUDIO FILE BEGINS

VOICE OF UNIDENTIFIED SCHOOL-AGED CHILD

When we moved here for my daddy's job, a lot of my friends at school told me that only bad people worked for TARN. Hearing them say that about my daddy made me feel like a bad person too. I talked to my daddy about it, and he told me that people are afraid of stuff they don't understand. He said that his job helps to protect not just the kids who said those mean things at school, but their brothers and sisters and mommies and daddies too.

My daddy is a brave man, and it's because he works at TARN. I'm proud of my daddy for doing what's right, even when people say he's wrong.

We. Are. TARN. (VOICES TOGETHER)

AUDIO FILE ENDS

Note from the Editors: the following transcript of the second interview of Dave Young by Mr. Jones and Mr. O'Connor contains portions of information that has been deemed Top Secret-Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) by the United States government. In publishing this transcript we recognize that we may be held liable for disseminating sensitive information that could harm the national security of the United States, and in doing so have opened ourselves to criminal prosecution under the Espionage Act of 1917. We have been advised by our legal team that under no circumstances should we release this portion of the transcript. However, in the interest of seeing this project to its completion, we have decided to release the transcript. You, the reader, should understand that by reading the following transcript you may be potentially opening yourself to the same litigation we now face ourselves. If you choose to continue reading, then you do so under your own free will, knowing all the risks inherent in your decision.

AUDIO FILE NUMBER 2.4: TRANSCRIPT OF SECOND INTERVIEW OF DAVE YOUNG BY BRANDON JONES AND SEAN O'CONNOR

DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2019

LOCATION: UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, TOWNSHIP OF ARCHANGEL, WASHINGTON STATE

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING TRANSCRIPT CONTAINS INFORMATION CLASSIFIED AS TOP SECRET BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION IS CONSIDERED A FELONY OFFENSE, PROSECUTABLE UNDER THE ESPIONAGE ACT OF 1917.

AUDIO FILE BEGINS

BRANDON JONES

And we're recording.

DAVE YOUNG

No, I don't want you using any electronic devices.

SEAN O'CONNOR

Uhhh, ok? How are we supposed to do this then?

BRANDON JONES

Dave you have to understand that we need this for the podcast. That's the whole point in us coming here.

DAVE YOUNG