Appendix 1C: PROJECT PENANCE

TEXT FILE NUMBER D 1.0: EXCERPT FROM STRATEGIC FORGE DATA LEAK -- PORTION DETAILING "PROJECT PENANCE"

LOCATION: SMOKY MOUNTAIN CORRECTIONAL FACILITY, JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE

DATE: [REDACTED]

TEXT FILE BEGINS

CLASSIFICATION: TOP SECRET//SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED INFORMATION//EYES ONLY

MEMORANDUM FOR EYES ONLY DISTRIBUTION

SUBJECT: Discussion and interpretation of data resulting from PROJECT PENANCE human trials

1. As the conclusion of PROJECT PENANCE draws near, many of the stakeholders who have vested interests in the project have expressed their desire to see interpretation of the data gathered to date.

2. With this goal in mind, the research team of PROJECT PENANCE have compiled a preliminary interpretation of the results which they believe will provide some insight into the results of human trials.

3. Background and timeline, PROJECT PENANCE, is as follows:

Project inception approved by TARN Defense Industries Board of Trustees on [DATE REDACTED]
Research grants sought and obtained by TARN Special Projects Division from the U.S. Department of Defense under the Defense Experimentation Act of 1976. Additional funding obtained through a biological research endowment from Gadreel College, Washington State.
Memorandum of Monetary Compensation Collaboration signed between International Corrections Corporation, and TARN Defense Industries
Study team members selected from the biological research labs of Gadreel College.
Volunteers solicited from the incarcerated population at the Smoky Mountain Correctional Facility, a correctional facility owned and operated by International Corrections Corporation.
Three hundred inmates volunteer.
Backgrounds and family histories obtained from the volunteer pool to ensure inmates meet requirements of the study parameters (e.g. average life span of participant's biological relatives, social history, medical history, etc.)
Thirty volunteers meet vetting criteria. These persons were provided with a modified informed consent as to risks/benefits of participating in experiments.
Study commences on [DATE REDACTED].
Study ends on [DATE REDACTED].

4. Timeline of genetic study is as follows:

Biopsies obtained from bone, liver, kidney, heart, lung, spleen, and brain of each subject.
Genes sirtuin 21 (SIRT21), sirtuin 39 (SIRT39, and sirtuin 90 (SIRT90) identified and isolated in tissue samples ten of the thirty test subjects. These genes are analogous to the so-called "anti-aging" genes identified during previous human trials (See: Gene Study 112A, Kaechon Reeducation Camp, South Pyongan, North Korea.
Genetic material synthesized from original samples and administered to twenty-two critically ill patients at Johnson City Memorial Hospital.

5. Timeline of results as follows:

On [DATE REDACTED], twenty of thirty test subjects survive initial removal of tissue samples.
An additional four of the remaining ten test subjects expire within three weeks days of removal of tissue samples.
Six test subjects recover from removal of tissue samples. Four test subjects remain in vegetative state. Two test subjects make full recovery.
On [DATE REDACTED], three days after administering isolated genetic material, all twenty-two critically ill patients who received treatment make full recovery.
Recovered patients are assigned to medical teams in the Johnson City area who are financed by TARN Defense Industries grants.
To date, no known side effects have been identified. Follow up plan includes five years of biannual follow-up visits to include lab testing and advanced imaging.

6. No further information is available at this time. A full report will be forthcoming once all the data from PROJECT PENANCE is collated.

7. The point of contact for this project is [NAME REDACTED] at [EMAIL REDACTED].

CLASSIFICATION: TOP SECRET//SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED INFORMATION//EYES ONLY

TEXT FILE ENDS