The Lost Girl

AUDIO FILE NUMBER 3.4: TRANSCRIPT OF BRANDON JONES AUDIO JOURNAL

DATE: NOVEMBER 12, 2019

LOCATION: DECK DOMINION CARDS & GAMES, TOWNSHIP OF ARCHANGEL, WASHINGTON STATE

AUDIO FILE BEGINS

I went home to toss and turn in a half-sleep brought on by ragged exhaustion. Dreams plagued me, faces flashing through my mind. I saw my sister and her friend Crystal Mira on the night they disappeared, their expressions so set, so determined to fight against TARN. I saw Thomas and Madison as well, and I heard Madison's screams echoing through the woods as they had when we'd been in the forest.

Sean booked a flight out of Spokane for Dallas for the next day. I offered to drive him, but he turned me down. He needed some quiet time to unpack the events of the past few days, and the airport shuttle running from Archangel to Spokane would be just the thing for it. I understood where he was coming from because I felt the same. I'd asked him to Archangel in the hopes of finding out what had happened to Thomas Novak, and by default what had happened to my sister and her friend, Crystal Mira. Instead we'd found no trace of any of them, and another teen had gone missing in the interim. To say that it was unsatisfying would be an understatement. Simply put, I felt like a failure.

AUDIO FILE ENDS

AUDIO FILE NUMBER 3.4: TRANSCRIPT TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN BRANDON JONES AND SEAN O'CONNOR, FOLLOWED BY TELEPHONE CONVERSATION OF BRANDON JONES AND UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE

DATE: NOVEMBER 21, 2019

LOCATION: DECK DOMINION CARDS & GAMES, TOWNSHIP OF ARCHANGEL, WASHINGTON STATE

Note from the Editors: Please note that the identity of the person speaking with Brandon Jones on the second half of this transcript has to date been unauthenticated.

AUDIO FILE BEGINS

SEAN O'CONNOR

Hello? (AUDIO IS CONSISTENT WITH RECORDED TELEPHONIC DIALOGUE)

BRANDON JONES

Hey, Sean.

SEAN O'CONNOR

Brandon, hey. How's it going?

BRANDON JONES

Oh you know, it's going I guess. Just wanted to call and touch base. See how you're settling back into normal life.

SEAN O'CONNOR

Settling in ok. Have you heard anything new on the case?

BRANDON JONES

No, unfortunately. The feds apparently are moving their investigation back to their main offices in Spokane and Seattle, which I don't take as a good sign.

SEAN O'CONNOR

I saw that on the news. It feels a lot like they're giving up.

BRANDON JONES

Yeah, that was my impression too.

SEAN O'CONNOR

Still no sign of Ray?

BRANDON JONES

No. Or if there is, the feds aren't letting onto it.

SEAN O'CONNOR