The gift

"Hey David, you know that I trust you with Natalie. And I know that you are a really good guy but I have to ask you how serious it is for you. I don't want Natalie to be disappointed if you see the situation differently" Natalies father said to David.
"I would never ever in my life do anything that would hurt Natalie. I'm in love with her, and whether I knew it or not I always loved her" David answers hoping that Nat's dad would know that he was very serious about their relationship.
"Coming here to Chicago is always so amazing because I get to see the places where Natalie and I got to know each other and became partners for life" David says looking around the house's backyard.
"I still remember you two playing in this garden every day. You are the only guy she really opens up to. I can see a lot of good things in you, David. I would say that you are like a son to me but that would make you dating my daughter very weird" Natalie's dad says and starts laughing.
"Oh no that sounds so weird but I like that you think of me as family. That means a lot" David answers
"Ok I see that you are serious and will keep my little girl safe. That's why I wanted to give you something"
David was really nervous not knowing what her dad wanted to give him
"Here" Natalie's father says and hands David a little ring box.
David opens it and sees a beautiful silver ring with a dark blue stone in the middle.
"Wow this is beautiful but why are you giving me this?" David says obviously very confused about the ring.
"I want you to have it, to give to Natalie some time. It was her great grandmother's  wedding ring"
"So is this ring you giving me the blessing to marry your daughter?" David asks him with a few tears in his eyes
"Yes David it is, you don't have to propose next week but I just wanted you to have it if you ever thought about that" Nat's dad says equally touched by the situation.
"Wow thank you so much that means a lot to me, and yes I actually have thought about marriage a little in the past time"
David admits
"Well If I have learned anything in my life it is to not waist time. You do not know what will happen in the next time so cherish every single moment"
"I will. I think that I will start planning how to ask her soon" David tells her father smiling widely
Natalie's dad hugs David and David goes back the the group putting the ring box in this pocket.

"So what was that all about?" Natalie asks him as he gets back to sit next to her
"Huh? What do you mean" David plays dumb
"Oh come on. You being all secrety with my dad and hugging him. There has to be something going on" she says poking him with her fingers
"Oh that right...yes...that...uhhh I was just thanking him for taking care of the grill" David tells her to get her to stop asking
Natalie doesn't seem to be satisfied with that answer and knew that it was a lie but she let it slip and concentrated back on the conversation she was having earlier.

—————————————————————
Hey guys I hope you all are good. How did you guys liked this chapter? I tried a different style of writing. Stay healthy💜