9- Losing Your Thorns

~Flashback~"Remember, (Y/N)

~Flashback~
"Remember, (Y/N)...you're doing this to succeed." The little girl's parents stare down at her, as she looks down at her violin and music sheets. "But..I want to continue playing for my friends.."

(Y/N)'s parents sit down on the bench, next to the piano. "You don't need friends.. You're only playing, to be our replacement in the nationals." Her mother glares down at her, waiting for her daughter to start playing..

(Y/N) hesitantly holds up her bow, and begins to play an advanced tune.. A few moments later..one of her strings snap, earning a small cut on her finger.. (Y/N)'s frail, small body, hisses in pain.

"Why'd you stop?" (Y/N) shows them her finger, and they just sigh in response. "It's just a cut." (Y/N) whimpers and picks up her violin. "You're not going to sleep, until you've mastered that passage.."

"So, stop being a child, and play it again."

~flashback ends~

(Y/N)'s POV
After Mori-Senpai and Hani-Senpai visited me, yesterday... I've been thinking about the Host Club.. And all I've got to say is... "They're so annoying." I sigh and get out from the bathtub. "What's wrong, Master (Y/N)?"

One of my maids come walking in.. "Yuuko..what would you do, if there were a group of boys..that were constantly following you everywhere, just to convince you to join something.?"

"Hm? Well..I guess, it depends on what it is, that they want me to join.. And what do I get from it." My eyes are now filled with curiosity, now thinking.. 'Why do they want me, though?'

I sigh and go to my room, getting ready to practice for my lesson.. I keep playing, until I get a call on my cellphone.. "Hello, is this, Miss (Y/N).?" I sigh, but smile, recognizing the voice. "Hello, Haruhi-chan.. Want to explain how you got my number?"

I can hear Haruhi nervously talking to other people, whose voices are a faint echo.. "I just..wanted to see how you're doing, is all.." I can hear disappointed grunts, behind Haruhi's nervous breathing.

I sigh, knowing what this is all about. "Did they put you up to this?" I squint my eyes in anger. "I told you..she was going to figure it out.." I hear mumbling on the phone, then hearing it switch to another person.

"Hello, my dear beauty." I turn to stone, hearing Tamaki's voice calling me, with such a name. "What do you want? I'm busy." I put my phone up to my shoulder, holding it against my ear, and continue playing my violin.

"I've noticed that you haven't paid a visit to the club, yet.." I roll my eyes and keep playing. "That's because, I'm not interested in the Host Club, or becoming a Hostess. So, you could just stop trying to make me join.!"

I can hear Tamaki whimpering on the other side.. I scoff and hang up the call. I then continue on with my lesson for the rest of the day...

~time skip:

I do a small yawn, walking down the stairs, ready for school

I do a small yawn, walking down the stairs, ready for school.. "Excuse me, Miss? The Ootori family has offered you a ride to your school." My maid bows and opens the door, showing the glasses guy from the Host Club.

I quietly growl and confront his car. He rolls down the window and smiles. "Ah, Princess (Y/N). It is very nice to see you on this lovely morning." The driver comes around, opening the car door for me.

"Well? Aren't you going to get in?" I hesitate, but slide into the seat next to him.. "Why have you offered me a ride to school?" Kyoya just smiles at me, glancing my way. "I've got to say..I'm quite impressed.."

I look at him puzzled, waiting for an answer. "That's the first time, somebody has ever turned down the king's offer. Well, except for Renge." I just look at him, dead in the eyes, figuring out why he is acting like this..

"Get to the point already.." I sigh and look out the window. "Princess (Y/N)..if you're willing to come to the club after school today.. I can convince your parents to set you free." I widen my eyes and turn my head towards him.

"So, what's your answer?"