School

You looked at the male in front of you, confusion appearing on your features. You began taking in his appearance; brown hair, green eyes, stitches on his face (not that you mind), black and white scarf, black coat, white shirt, black jeans.

"Um, hi?" You said, tilting your head a little to the side. He blinked before shaking his head. "Oh uh, hi." He said rather awkwardly, his voice gentle. It was silent for about five minutes, so you decided to break the silence. "So, um, what brings you here?" You asked, grabbing a stick and sticking it into the creek. (Haha, get it? ..Ok I'm sorry-) "I come here to get away from my friends", he said, looking down at the creek. "I see. So um, what's your name?" "Liu. And you shouldn't be all the way out here, you know." He said, getting up and brushing the dirt off of his pants.

You let the stick drop into the creek, watching it drift away from your eyesight. "I know.. I.. I just wanted to get some fresh air." "I'm gonna go. And you really shouldn't be here when it's dark." He said, beginning to walk away. He stopped mid-step, not turning around. "By the way, since I told you my name, how about you tell me yours?" He held curiosity in his voice. "(Y/n)."

You got up and stretched, hearing some pops here and there. "Well, I hope to see you around." He said, continuing to walk away, his scarf blowing in the wind.

- - - - - - - - - -

Monday, 9:40AM

You rushed to school with your backpack slung over your shoulder, already running late. Your phone decided to die instead of letting your alarm go off, and so now you're ten minutes late. You ran into a few people while running, a few yelling curses at you. "Sorry!"

You didn't notice the pair of eyes on you as you ran, not even bothering to find out if anyone was watching you. You ran through your school's front gate just as it was about to close, and dashed to your classroom.

You stood outside your classroom door, trying to catch your breath. Once you did, you opened the door and stepped inside, walking to your seat and sitting down. ..The teacher wasn't even here yet. You groaned and put your head on your desk. "(Y-y/n), you a-alright?" Your friend, Maybelle, asked.

"Yes, I'm fine", you responded. Maybelle sits to the right of you in class, and is kind to mostly everyone. She has short, light brown hair, soft, blue eyes, and light skin. She stutters a lot, and has a habit of clutching her arm in awkward situations, or when she's just being shy.

"And what about you?" You asked, lifting your head up from your desk to look at her. "I-I'm alright, I guess. T-thanks for a-asking." The teacher suddenly walked in, with a bundle of papers in her hands. She walked to her desk and sat down, opening her laptop.

"All of you quiet down so I can take roll." She said, strictly. Ever since the incident involving one of my bullies and I, she's always kept a close eye on us. Especially me.

"Ryan." "Here." "Aaron." "Here!" "Josh." "Present." She continued taking roll. But when she got to me.. "(Y/N)." She said, her voice cold. Her eyes pierced through me like I was her prey. I swallowed my saliva, and spoke up, my voice weak. "Here." Some people sniggered when they heard me, but not for long. Maybelle slammed her hands on the desk, her eyes piercing into their skulls. One of them let out a shriek and the rest of them turned back towards the front, pretending nothing ever happened. The teacher didn't even seem to notice.

She turned to you and gave you a small smile, and you returned the gesture. "Alright. Since everybody's here, we shall begin our lesson."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After school, 2:30

You walked out the front gate, Maybelle by your side. "D-do you mind i-if I can come o-over? I need help on some of my a-assignments." She said, clutching her arm. "Sure." You said, turning to look at her and giving her a small smile. "T-thank you." She said, finding herself smile as well.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Home, 2:50 PM

You opened your front door and walked inside, Maybelle following after you. "N-nice h-house." She said, looking around. "Heh, thanks. Did you want anything to drink or eat?" You asked, walking towards the kitchen and opening the fridge. "Um, j-just a water would be n-nice. Where should w-we do our homework a-at?" She asked, walking into the kitchen and looking at you from a distance. You grabbed a water bottle and tossed it to her. "We could do it in my room." You said, walking out of the kitchen and up the steps, her right behind you.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

4:38 PM

"Wait no, that goes here." You said, pointing to the decimal on the laptop. "O-oh." She corrected her mistake and submitted the assignment, leaving us finished. "Alright, since we're done, what do you wanna do?" You asked, standing up to stretch. "D-did you wanna take a w-walk through the f-forest?" She asked, closing her laptop and setting it inside her pastel blue backpack.

Flashback

"It really isn't safe to be this far out, you know."

End of flashback

"Just a quick one. It's getting late." You said, grabbing her hand and pulling her up. "T-Thanks."

You both walked out of the house and into the forest.