Failed Abduction

You ran back towards the car, worried about the scenarios if you didn't make it in time. When you made it to the car, Liu was outside of it, being put in a headlock. You stopped in your tracks. "(Y-Y/N)- get away-!" Liu managed to choke out. You began slowly reaching for your switchblade in your back pocket. "I wouldn't do that if I were you.." The attacker said, drawing out his own blade and putting it on Liu's neck. You grabbed the blade and hid it in your sleeve. You held the sleeve tight around your wrist and tried to not make it not visible. "Now get over here (girl/boy), or he dies." "(Y/n)-" The attacker pressed the blade harder against his neck, a small cut forming. Your breath hitched, and you narrowed your eyes while walking over to the two.

Once you were at arm's length, you let the blade go and cut the attackers' arm, causing him to drop Liu. The man yelled out, and Liu went into a coughing fit. He looked from his cut then back at you, and his face distorted into a scowl. He charged at you but you side-stepped and he tripped. He fell onto the ground and you went over to Liu and helped him up, checking his neck. "You really have no need to worry about me.." He said, avoiding your gaze. "I have every right to be worried about you." You said, smirking.

The guy wasn't able to get up and so you used that chance to step on his back. "Why are you here?" You asked, voice harsh. You felt him begin to shake underneath your shoe. Jeez, scared of a nine-teen year old? And he's like- what- fourty? "I can't tell you." He said, hissing as you applied more pressure. "Answer the question!" You lowered your voice. "You were gonna kidnap him, weren't you?" "I should've gone with the plan.." The guy muttered. "But how did you know?!" He yelled. "Maybe you should be more careful of evidence." You said, taking your foot off of him. "Now get out of here before we make things worse." The man was able to get up and disappeared into a heap of black mist. You then walked over to Liu, and smacked him in the back of his head. "Why didn't you defend yourself?!" "I didn't expect to get literally dragged out of the car by my damn scarf!" You shook your head. "Do you at least have your knife?" He checked his pockets. "I.. Don't." He closed his eyes and sighed. You turned his head to the side so you could see the cut. It wasn't that deep or big, and was barely even bleeding. Liu opened his eyes. "How bad is it?" He asked. "Not that bad, you'll live." He hummed.

                        . . .
You sat on your bed and rubbed your temple. "Did you find your knife anywhere?!" You yelled. "Nope!" You got off your bed and headed downstairs. You saw something shiny on the couch and picked it up, examining it. "Um Liu, I don't think you checked everywhere." "I'm pretty sure I di- oh." You gave him his knife and put it in his jacket pocket. You snorted. "Shut up.." "Yeah, not happening." You walked back up into your room with Liu right behind you. You flopped onto your bed, groaning. You didn't know if you'd be able to get over your mothers' death or not. "Hey.." You felt a weight on the bed and sat up. "Hm..?" "Um, you're crying again.." You wiped the tears off your face and sniffed. "I'm fine.." He scoffed. "Obviously not." He grabbed a tissue from his jacket pocket and handed it to you. You took it and wiped your eyes. "Jeez I'm such a crybaby.." You said, smiling and shaking your head. "Trust me, you're fine. Just let your emotions out."

Instead of letting out all your emotions, you put on a straight face and stopped crying, even though you were deeply hurting inside. "You know that's not good for you.." He said. "I don't really care what's good for me anymore.." You sighed and swept some hair out of your face. Liu yawned and lied on his back, staring at the ceiling with droopy eyes. "Dude, if you're that tired I could walk you to wherever you stay." He smiled and shook his head. "I don't feel safe with them after me. If I was alone, they would take advantage and take me." Liu sat back up, leaning his head onto his hand.

You heard a ding from your phone and pulled it out, reading the text.

You frowned and responded, texting;

Se did as asked.

The two of you texted for a little bit, and you felt something lay on your side

The two of you texted for a little bit, and you felt something lay on your side. You looked to your side and saw Liu, eyes closed, and asleep. You smiled a little. You texted Maybelle that you'd see her tomorrow and turned off your phone, putting it on the floor. You then laid Liu down on the bed and put the covers on him, then walked out of the room, shutting the door behind you.

You decided to sleep on the couxh in the front room instead of your mothers' room, since you didn't want her room to remind you of her passing. You released a shaky sigh and lied down, shutting your eyes.

        - - - Morning, 9:52 AM - - -

You jolted up, gasping with a hand grasping your chest. Your heart was pounding against your ribcage like it was trying to get out. You shook your head, trying to remind yourself that it was only another nightmare. "Hey, you alright?" You nearly jumped out of your skin when you heard Liu. "Jeez Liu, stop scaring people." He smiled. His smile soon dropped though once he realized the situation. "Nightmares..?" He asked. You sighed. "Yep.." He looked confused for a moment. You tilted your head a little. "..What?" He shook his head. "..Nothing." You swung your legs to the side of the couch and got up, stretching. You sat back down and yawned.

Liu sat down next to you and ran a hand through his messy hair. "How's your neck holding up?" You asked without looking at him. "It's healed. It wasn't that big, anyways." The conversation decided to get a job and have a wife and kids and leave, replacing the atmosphere with an awkward silence. You frowned, remembering yesterday's events. "I'm gonna head towards the mansion. I've got a.. Friend.. I need to talk to." He said, getting up and walking to the door. You stood up. "I'm going with you, then. They're after the both of us, remember?" He looked worried for a few seconds, but sighed and nodded.

                         . . .

"Wait, what?" All of his playful aura was gone and was replaced with shock. "I've got the wrong victim?" "I believe so." Liu said, resting one hand on his hip. The jester avoided Liu's piercing gaze and bit his nails. "But (Y/n)'s already chosen. How the hell is that possible?" Liu hummed. The jester looked at you apologetically and said; "I'm.. Sorry about that" "Wait, sorry about what..?" He widened his eyes and then tilted his back, going into a maniacal laughing fit. When he was done, he wiped his eyes while smiling and said; "Oh, dear me! Liu didn't tell you I'm technically the lord of nightmares?~" He clicked his tongue. "What a shame..~" You were still confused but then realized what he meant and paled, causing him to go into another laughing fit.

Liu cleared his throat, making the Jester stop and cough into his arm awkwardly. "Do you know who switched up your list of victims?" He thought for a moment and replied with a no. "But I did see someone suspicious in the forest.. They wore a long black cloak and had the hood up, so I couldn't see their face. But I have a feeling they.. Work for.. Him.. They also were walking pretty quickly like they were in a hurry. They were holding a bundle of papers in their hands, too. I couldn't see what was written on the papers, though. But I believe it was a list of addresses since here we are now.."

Before Liu could say anything, a female with a white mask, black dress, pale skin and black, beady eyes ran in, hands on her knees and panting
"Jane? What is it?" Liu asked. "It's Slender. Something's wrong."