Dead Body

You awoke to the sound of a tapping on your window and saw Liu, trying to open it. You rolled your eyes and walked over to it, opening it and letting him in. "What are you doing here this late.." You asked groggily. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, avoiding your gaze. "I just.. Wanted to see you I guess.." You deadpanned. "Mmhm.." He looked at you. "Well, it's the truth!" You walked back over to your bed and lied back down, turning over. "Wait, don't fall asleep yet!" You ignored him and tried, but couldn't. "..Can't anyways." You sat back up and onto the edge of the bed. "By the way, is your mom home..?" He asked, walking over to you and sitting next to you. "No.. She was supposed to be home a few hours ago.." He looked at you and raised his eyebrow. "Has she texted you or anything?" You grabbed your phone off the floor and checked for any messages, finding none except from Maybelle. "Nope. She would always notify me if she was gonna be home late or early.." You sighed and turned your phone back off and put it back onto the floor.

You heard a ding from your phone and immediately went to pick it up. You looked at the message and saw that it was just random letters from your mom and began getting more suspicious. You furrowed your eyebrows and showed Liu the text. He frowned and took out his phone, going to the texting app and texting someone. "..What are you doing?" You asked, looking over his shoulder. "Texting someone. He's good at tracking people, so he'll be able to help." You hummed and put your chin on his shoulder. He tensed and messed up a couple letters, but erased and went back to fix them.

When he was done texting, he turned his phone off and put it back inside his pocket. You took your head off of his shoulder and yawned. "By the way, do you still have the diary?" He asked. You gasped and walked over to your dresser and pulled it out, walking back over to the bed and sitting back down. You opened it to the bookmark and continued reading on. "Master wants me to abduct Liu?" You turned to look at Liu and he looked shocked. How the hell is he alive? Liu went to speak but got stopped by a notification from his phone. He brought it back out and turned it on, reading the text. He had a sad expression upon his face, and you looked at his phone. "(Y/n), you sure you wanna read it?" You nodded and he hesitantly gave you his phone. You read the text. "I tracked it but it looks like a crime scene?!" You jumped up and tossed him back the phone, which he caught, and went towards your closet. "Get out so I can get changed." Wait, you're not planning on going there, are you?" You turned to look at him. "It's my mother!" He sighed and brought back out his phone, typing once again. Once a ding was heard, he put his phone back inside his pocket and stood up. "Alright, who's driving?"

                   . . .
The crime scene was the next town over, and took about thirty minutes to get there. Once you got there though, your eyes widened. You parked the car and got out, Liu staying inside. "..You coming?" You asked. "I'm on the wanted list, remember?" "Then hide in the back seat!" After that, you ran towards the scene, only to get stopped by a cop. "(M'am/Sir), this is an investigation and I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. "It's my mom!" You yelled, getting some of the other cops' attention. The cop in front of you took off his hat and placed it on his heart. "I'm sorry for your loss." Your eyes widened and you weren't able to speak. You managed to get out one word, though. "W-what?" He put his hat back on his head. "Now you need to leave, we need to investigate." He said, turning back around and ducking under the caution tape.

                . . .
The drive home was silent, the only sound emanating from the radio. You sighed and parked the car onto the side of the road, slowly leaning your head onto the steering wheel. "(Y/n), I'm sorry about what happened." Your shoulders shook and before you knew it, you were crying. You took your head off the steering wheel and opened the car door, stepping outside. "I just wanna be alone right now.. I'll be close, I promise. Just.. Give me about ten minutes." You said, shutting the door and walking into the forest.

                       . . .
Just as you said, you were out there for about ten minutes and didn't go far out into the forest. You began running back though when you heard Liu's scream.