Revealed

"What's worse?" you asked, stopping to look at him. "And what would he do to me?" "I don't think we should talk about it here." He said, looking around. "My mom shouldn't be home until midnight so if you wanna talk there.." He successfully tripped over a twig and face planted into the dirt. "Pfft-" He groaned and sat up, clutching his nose. "Sometimes I wonder why I chose you out of 7 billion.." " I'm sorry, I'm sorry." You offered your hand and he took it, standing up while clutching his nose.

"Let me see it." He slowly uncovered his nose and revealed nothing unnatural. " Your nose is fine." He nodded and resumed walking.
                                                            ------------------------

                                                            Home   6:20 PM                                     

You sat on your bed and took notice of Maybelle's backpack, and hoped that she made it out of there alright. Liu must've seen your expression and laid a hand on your shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly. "Alright, explain." He took his hand off your shoulder and put it on his lap.

"The reason why we have to protect the people we've chosen is because he wants chaos. He'll corrupt them and control them into killing us off. And once we're killed off, he'll start killing the people he used. Once he succeeds, he'll show himself to the world and make every human bow down to him."  " That's crazy." You said while biting your nails. "I know.. and.. did your father happen to give you something?" He asked, looking around the room. "He actually did. Do you.. want to see it?" "Yes."

You got up from the bed and headed downstairs. You went into the kitchen and opened the garage door, stepping inside and shutting the door behind you.

                                                                          . . .
You came back holding a medium sized chest. You set it down on the dresser beside your bed and opened the hatch, revealing..

Nothing.

"What? Just a chest?" Liu said. "My dad said that it'll appear when needed most. Now is there anything else I should know?" You asked, sitting back down on the bed beside Liu. "Yes, but I don't know how you'll take this.." "Tell me anyways."

                "..Your dad is one of Zalgo's minions."