Bullies

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                                                                      Tuesday, Home, 7:37

WARNING: This chapter contains physical bullying

You heard loud knocking on the front door, causing you to jolt awake. You checked the time on your watch, reading; 7:38. You let out a sigh of relief that you weren't close to being late, and decided to get dressed anyways and head down stairs. When you opened the door, you saw Maybelle looking scared. She had long streaks of tears down her face. "Maybelle? You're al- oof!" She immediately tackled you into a hug and started sobbing uncontrollably. "W-why didn't you let me s-stay with you!?" She yelled into your stomach. You shut the door with your foot and put your hands on her back, squeezing her into a hug.

As she sobbed, you put one hand on her head and ruffled her hair. "Can I get up? You literally ambushed me." You said, trying to joke. She got off of you and helped you up, walking up the stairs and into your room. You trailed after her and opened the door revealing Liu on your bed.

"What the- how did you-" "You left the window open." "..Oh." Maybelle suddenly went behind you out of fear. I wouldn't blame her, we almost got murdered by someone and his stitches weren't really helping. "May, it's alright. He's a friend." "A-and how d-do you know t-that he w-won't kill y-you?!" She yelled. "Trust me, I won't." Liu said with wide eyes and his hands up in defense. Maybelle slowly stepped out from behind you, clinging onto your arm. She suddenly lost all her fear and stomped up to Liu, grabbing him by his scarf, and pushing him against the wall.

"I don't trust you. And I might never will. But if you ever hurt (y/n), I swear on my life I will fucking hunt you down and kill your ass. Got it?" She said while holding an innocent smile. Liu's face held pure shock. "Woah, May, calm down." You said, walking up to her and putting a hand on her back. Once she felt your hand, she dropped Liu, her smile dropping. "By the way, did you call the police?" You asked, sitting down on the bed." "Even if she did, they wouldn't be able to find us." Liu said, adjusting his scarf.

"I-I didn't. I promise. I was too busy with running to even think s-straight." She said, looking straight at you and ignoring Liu. Liu sat down on the bed slowly but kept some distance from you so she wouldn't snap at him again. "By the way, Liu, how many more of you are there?" You asked, laying on your side and facing the bookcase. "A lot." "Figured."

                                                                  - - - 9:20 AM- - -

"What are your classes?" You asked Maybelle while walking to school. "We have the s-same classes t-together, remember? All but the l-last one.." She said. "Right, I forgot." She nudged your side playfully with her elbow. "Guys, wait up!" You both turned around to see Chasity, one of your other friends.

She has brown hair that's normally in a bun, with a few thin curls hanging loosely at the sides of her face. Her skin is pale and has a few freckles.

She stopped in front of you, bending over with her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. "Why you guys gotta be so damn fast?" You chuckled. "Maybe we're actually walking normally and you're the slow one?" You said while smirking. She rolled her eyes. "Ya, ya. Whatever." She straightened her posture and adjusted the straps on her shoulders.

The trio walked through the school gates, chatting and laughing along the way. "Hey Daniel!" Chasity said, running up to him. You rolled your eyes and smirked, heading towards the Library. "Hey, (Y-y/n)?" "Hm?" "I'm g-gonna hang with Chasity and Daniel. W-will you be alright w-without me?" She asked with worry in her tone. "Ya, I'll be alright." You said while smiling, in which she returned and ran back towards her other friends.

You put in your (earbuds/headphones) and played (favorite/song). You looked down at the ground, not watching where you were going and bumped into someone. "Hey! Watch it!" You froze. My friend just left me and I'm already in trouble. Clumsy a-

"Oh, it's you." Samantha said, ripping off your (earbuds/headphones). You looked up at her and glared. "Can't you just leave the the hell alone? I don't know what I ever did to you, but it doesn't mean you need to take it out on me." You said, trying to get past her and into the library. She just pushed you against the wall and bitch slapped you. Yes, bitch slapped. A very wimpy bitch slap. "W-who gave you the right to talk to me that way!?" She said, stuttering over her words. "..." You've had enough.

You pushed her away from you and ran down the hall, bumping into people as you ran. You looked over your shoulder and found nobody. ..Until you turned around.

You immediately stopped in your tracks. ..Her friends blocked the path to the library. "And where do you think you're going?" One of them asked. The other pushed you against the wall, his nails digging into your skin. You gritted your teeth out of frustration, trying not to lash out and get in trouble like last time.

Suddenly, the bell rang. Saved, you thought. One of them sent you a glare and stomped away, looking defeated. You looked at the other one and saw that she had a look of empathy, but thought it was just your imagination since she sent you a glare. You fixed the straps of your backpack and headed towards your class.

                                                                        - - - - - After School, 2:10 - - - - -

You walked out of the front gates alone, since Maybelle decided to walk with your other two friends. Your (earbuds/headphones) are around your neck, and your head straight so you don't bump into anyone again. Suddenly, someone grabbed your hood and pulled you back, pushing you up against a tree. And yes, the forest is right next to the school.

You looked up at Samantha. "What do you want.." You said, irritated. "Teaching you a lesson to not talk back to me." She said, grabbing your arms and digging her nails into them. You yelped and squirmed in her grasp, but that just tightened her grip on you. "L-listen- I don't know what you go through at home to make you-" You winced. "To make you do this, but you need to tell someone about-" "J-just s-shut up! You don't know what I have to go through!" She said with tears in her eyes.

You head-butted her causing her to stumble back, and ran into the forest, without looking back. You heard multiple footsteps chasing after you, figuring out that her friends were watching from a distance.

Apparently she gripped your arms too hard because the blood was visible through your hoodie sleeves. One of them tackled you and turned you over so you could face them, and you covered your face. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Their leader, Madelyn, said. She gripped your hand roughly and took them off of your face, punching your nose.

You heard a couple twig snaps, and so did they, and stopped staring at the both of you and backed up. Even Madelyn got off of you. You slowly sat up, wincing and gritting your teeth. You put your hand up to your nose and looked at it, seeing blood.

Suddenly, all of them ran away, except Samantha. "J-Jeff?"