Liu's Awakening

# # #

"Ow- what the hell-?" Liu awoke from a stinging sensation on his cheek, like someone slapping him. ᵢₜ wₐₛ ₜₕₑ ₒₙₗy wₐy ₜₒ wₐₖₑ yₒᵤ ₜₕₑ fᵤcₖ ᵤₚ. ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃᵈᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢˡᵃᵖᵖⁱⁿᵍ ᵐᵉ? ᵁⁿᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛᵃᵇˡᵉ.. Liu sat up slowly, groaning and feeling light-headed. He took off the mask-thing that was on his face and set it on the dresser beside him. He put his hand on his temple and rubbed it in circles, trying to ease the pain. Everything suddenly came back to him.

                               Flashback

"ᴸⁱᵘ, ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵒᵘᵗ!" ᴵ ᵗᵘʳⁿᵉᵈ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵃʷ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱʳᵈ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵃᵗ ᵐᵉ. ᴵ ˢʷᵘⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ ᵇᵘᵗ ʰᵉ ᵈᵘᶜᵏᵉᵈ, ˢʷⁱⁿᵍⁱⁿᵍ ʰⁱˢ ᵈᵃᵍᵍᵉʳ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵐʸ ˢⁱᵈᵉ. ᴵ ʸᵉˡˡᵉᵈ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰʳᵉʷ ᵐʸ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ʰⁱˢ ᶠᵒʳᵉʰᵉᵃᵈ, ᵏⁱˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ʰⁱᵐ ⁱⁿˢᵗᵃⁿᵗˡʸ. ᴵ ᵍʳⁱᵗᵗᵉᵈ ᵐʸ ᵗᵉᵉᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ʷᵃˡᵏᵉᵈ ᵗᵒʷᵃʳᵈˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ ʰᵒˡᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ʷᵒᵘⁿᵈ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖᵘˡˡᵉᵈ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ. ᴵ ᵗᵘʳⁿᵉᵈ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵃʷ ⁽ʸ/ⁿ⁾'ˢ ʳᵉᵐᵃⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗᵗᵃᶜᵏᵉʳ ᵍᵒ ᵗᵒ ᵖᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ⁱⁿ ᵃ ʰᵉᵃᵈˡᵒᶜᵏ, ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵈᵒᵈᵍᵉᵈ. ᴵ ᵗʰʳᵉʷ ᵐʸ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵉᵐᵃⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵉⁿᵉᵐʸ'ˢ ᶜʰᵉˢᵗ, ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉ ᵈʳᵒᵖᵖᵉᵈ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ. ᴵ ʷᵃˡᵏᵉᵈ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ʰⁱᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖᵘˡˡᵉᵈ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ, ᵗʰᵉⁿ ʷᵃˡᵏᵉᵈ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉᵃʳᵉˢᵗ ᵗʳᵉᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵃʳᵛᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ˢˡᵉⁿᵈᵉʳᵐᵃⁿ ˢʸᵐᵇᵒˡ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ⁱᵗ. ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʳᵉᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᶜʳᵃᶜᵏ, ᵃⁿᵈ ˢˡᵉⁿᵈᵉʳ ˢᵒᵒⁿ ᵉᵐᵉʳᵍᵉᵈ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʳᵉᵉ. ᵀʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᴵ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵖᵃˢˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᵘᵗ ʷᵃˢ ⁽ʸ/ⁿ⁾'ˢ ᶜʳʸ.

                        End of flashback

ᵢ gₒₜ ₜᵢᵣₑd ₒf ₕₐᵥᵢₙg ₜₒ bₑ ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ dₐᵣₖ ₐbyₛₛ ₒf wₕₐₜ yₒᵤ cₐₗₗ 'ₗᵢᵤ'ₛ ₘᵢₙd'. ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒᵒ, ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ. The door opened, and Liu turned his head towards the door. It was EJ, and he had a shocked expression on his face. "Wow, not gonna wear your mask for once?" EJ scoffed. "..I couldn't find it anywhere. But seriously, though. You literally had a once percent chance of survival." Liu's gaze turned into a glare. ₕₑy, ᵢ wₐₙₜₑd ₜₒ ₐdd ₐ ₗᵢₜₜₗₑ dᵣₐₘₐ. ᵂʰʸ ʸᵒᵘ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ⁻ EJ deadpanned. "..It was Sully, wasn't it?" Liu nodded. "I swear he can be a little dip-" "Family friendly, please." EJ walked over to Liu and unhooked the machines, Liu rubbing his wrists. "..How long was I out for?" Wₕₐₜ dₒ yₒᵤ ₜₕᵢₙₖ, dᵤₘbₐₛₛ? Wₑ'ᵥₑ bₑₑₙ ₒᵤₜ fₒᵣ ₐ cₒᵤₚₗₑ ₕₒᵤ₋ "Two weeks." "..What's the date and time right now?" "It's Saturday, 3:45 right now." "..." ᵀʰⁱⁿᵏ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏ, ˢᵘˡˡʸ. "Can you stand?" Liu swung his legs over the side of the bed and got up slowly, gritting his teeth. His knees buckled but since EJ was beside him, he caught him. "Jeez.. I feel old." EJ sat him back down onto the bed and chuckled. It was a hoarse laugh, but it was meaningful. "Well, you haven't moved your legs for two weeks, so of course you'll feel weak."

Liu groaned. "So um.. H-how's (Y/n)?" EJ was hesitant to speak. Gₒₒd. ₜₕₑy'ᵣₑ dₑₐd. ᴵ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ⁻ "..They're fine. It's just.." He sighed and sat on the bed next to Liu. "Them and Jeff got into a fight. Jeff kept shouting 'It's your fault' and blaming it on them. But something happened and now they won't even look at each other." Liu's green eyes dropped to the floor. The door suddenly opened, and Jeff stepped in. "B-bro?" "What, dip-" EJ glared at Liu. "Language!" Liu rolled his eyes and smirked. "Like you haven't- oof!" Jeff tackled him into a hug. "J-Jeff, my hip!" Jeff loosened his grip a little. "Jeff please-" Liu wheezed out. ₛᵤffₑᵣ, bᵢₜcₕ.

                               - - - - - Thursday, 9:13 - - - - -

Maybelle lay asleep on your lap, and you're doing your homework on her stomach. The both of you are in your room on your bed, and Maybelle fell asleep on your shoulder when she was meaning to help you with your homework. When she fell asleep, you laid her down on your legs, and so here you are now. You sighed and finished off the last question, yawning. Once you were done, you slowly leaned over her body and pulled your backpack towards you, opening it. After you took out the binder and put the paper in it, you put back the binder and ruffled May's hair. She groaned and opened her eyes slowly, looking up at you. She then snapped her eyes open, quickly getting off of you. Her face was red, and she clutched her arm harshly.  "I-I'm sorry! I di- didn't mean t-to fall as-asleep on y-you!" She started stuttering more than usual, and you burst out laughing.

She put her face in her hands, embarrassed. "May, it's alright, I'm not mad." "B-but still-!" "No buts! It's fine." You smirked and she slowly uncovered her face. You got a quick look of her face before she said;  "I-I'm gonna go, it's re- it's really late." She quickly got off the bed and stuffed her materials into her backpack and flung it over her shoulder, running out of your room and squealing like a child. It looked like she drank three bottles of hot sauce.

Once you heard the door shut, you laughed quietly to yourself and yawned. Once you got dressed in your night-wear, you flopped onto your bed and crawled completely underneath the blankets with your phone. You put on (e/h) and started watching (favorite/anime), not hearing the window opening and closing. Suddenly, someone pulled the covers off of you. You thought that Maybelle forgot something, and took off your (e/h), saying; "What, May?" "Last time I checked, I had a dick."

You froze and turned to look at him. "L-Liu?" He crossed his arms and scoffed. "Who else?" You got up and touched his cheek. "What.. Are.. You doing?" You took your hand off his face and smirked. "Checking to see if you're an illusion or not." "Well, am I?" "Nope." Your smirk dropped and you sat down on your bed. "How's your side?" He sat down next to you. "It's fine. One of the pastas at the mansion stitched it." "..You lost a lot of blood.." You said, looking down at your feet. "Hey, look at me." You slowly turned your head to look at him. "I'm fine. I'm not dead. And if you need me, I'm here." "..Promise?" "Promise. And I'm ready to tell you now." He said, rubbing his neck. You crossed your arms. "I'm all ears." "..I have a split personality." "You WHAT?!"

               # # #

Zalgo blasted a table to ash. "I-I'm sorry, sir." "₮Ⱨł₴ ł₴ ₳ⱠⱠ ɎØɄⱤ ₣₳ɄⱠ₮! ł₣ ɎØɄ Ⱨ₳Đ₦'₮ ₵₳Ʉ₲Ⱨ₮ ₮ⱧɆ₥ ₴ØØ₦ɆⱤ, ⱠłɄ ₩ØɄⱠĐ₦'₮ ɆVɆⱤ ฿Ɇ ØɄ₮ Ø₣ Ⱨł₴ ₵Ø₥₳!" The Lord of chaos turned around to face his servant, and grabbed him by the neck, lifting him above the ground. "W-what do you want me to do, sir?" He was able to choke out. Zalgo set him down and put a claw on his chin, pacing. "ł₮ ₴ɆɆ₥₴ Ⱡł₭Ɇ (Ɏ/₦)'₴ ₲Ø₮ ₳ ₩Ɇ₳₭ ₴₱Ø₮ ₣ØⱤ ⱠłɄ.. ₩Ɇ ₵ØɄⱠĐ Ʉ₴Ɇ ₮Ⱨ₳₮ ₮Ø ØɄⱤ ₳ĐV₳₦₮₳₲Ɇ." He stopped pacing and turned his head towards his servant, who was shaking in fear. "S-so what do want us t-to do, sir?" Zalgo walked up to his servant and stared into his soul.

                       "ł ₩₳₦₮ ɎØɄ ₮Ø ฿Ɽł₦₲ ₥Ɇ ⱠłɄ, ₳ⱠłVɆ."