Chapter 1 A Meeting, Revamp

Ch.1 A Meeting

The room was dark and the only source of light was coming from my laptop sitting in front of me. The last episode of the anime Diabolik Lovers was wrapping up with the main girl Yui Komori waking up claiming she was thirsty. The ending credits soon appeared after that and I closed my tabs and shut my laptop.

The anime had left a bitter taste in my mouth. It was 3 AM on the first day of school and instead of going to bed at around 2 AM like I should have I decided to stay up late and binge the first season of this anime. What drew me in was the promise of hot fictional vampires. However, the story was so poorly written it made me gag. All that happened within the 12 episodes was a meek girl being sexually harassed by some really fucked up guys. Not to mention that the extremely abusive guys of course had their each oh so tragic backstories. But the backstories didn't even make any sense! Seriously the whole plot was a mess what was I even watching?

Deciding not to waste any more of my mental energy trying to understand what I watched I decided to throw in the towel and succumb to my own exhaustion. After all, tomorrow was the first day of my junior year in high school. A new day, a new era in my life, and a chance to find some other anime to make me forget about Diabolik lovers.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock at 6 AM. Sleep clung to me as I staggered through my room to the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face and brushed my teeth. I then went to pick out an outfit for my first day which ended up being nothing more than a hoodie and jeans. After that, I made myself a cup of coffee and proceeded to drown it in creamer and sugar. It was only after I had downed that cup that I was somewhat awake. All that was left was to grab a piece of toast and nibble on it while on my way to the bus stop. On my way there I pulled out my earbuds and put on Coffee by SYCAMOUR. I noticed that the clouds were a dark angry grey and hung quite low today.

"Perfect weather for the first day of school," I mumbled to myself as I let out a sigh.

The bus arrived and I got on and by some miracle managed to find a seat next to another kid was looked practically passed out from exhaustion.

Eventually, the bus arrived at the school and I was relieved to be freed from it. Seriously it was beginning to feel like we were sardines being crammed into one little space. I made my way through the crowded halls as I looked at my class schedule on my phone. First period was English my favorite subject. For once I didn't have to start my days off with a crappy subject. Freshmen year it was PE and sophomore year it was chemistry.

I eventually found my class and took a seat near the back of the room. There was still some time before class started so the room was still quite empty. Deciding to use this spare time to find a new anime to watch I opened my phone and looked at what was popular. I stumbled upon a romance called My Happy Marriage and watched the trailer. Unlike Diabolik Lovers it actually had good animation and a promising plot. I noticed it was on Netflix and decided to start the first episode while I waiting for the bell to signal the beginning of class.

At some point, the room must have filled and the first bell rang. I didn't even notice that the room was filled and someone had taken a seat next to me. Not paying anyone any attention I put my phone away and directed my attention towards the teacher. She introduced herself to us and was about to go over her syllabus and class expectations when she paused.

"Excuse me, the young man in the back please put your cell phone away." She said while looking in my area.

Not long after that I heard a "tch" from right next to me and the sound of a phone being turned off. Realizing she had called out my deskmate I looked over to see who it was. Maybe it would be someone from my past classes. However, I was gravely mistaken because when I looked over it was definitely not someone I had ever shared a class with not to mention seen in these halls. Yet I was still quite familiar with who it was.