Interlude: Kim Namjoon

Taehyung sat on the balcony, a cigarette clenched between his fingers. It was his fourth one of the morning, even though it was only seven. 

He didn't want to go into his apartment just yet. He didn't want the rush of memories -- happy and devastating -- to greet him once he stepped back inside. 

It was all too much to bear and that's why he decided to move; Jackson and Hanbin were coming later today to help him pack. 

"Hey, Taehyung." 

The businessman yelped when he noticed a figure sitting on the balcony railing. It was Namjoon, dressed in his usual 'humble traveler' fashion, sandal-clad feet swinging slightly. He gave Taehyung a brief, dimpled smile. 

"N-Namjoon?" Taehyung whispered, blowing out smoke with his words. 

Namjoon nodded, eyes cast downward, fingers twiddling. "I came to check on you. I'm worried about you." 

Taehyung crushed out his cigarette and stood, moving to stand in front of the dead boy. The boy reached out and grasped his hand, pulling him closer. 

"Joonie, I'm so scared," the lonely man admitted, holding tight to the barely-smaller hand squeezing his. "Everything is falling apart. It always has been and always will be and I hate that. I hate suffering like this!"

Namjoon wrapped his free hand around the crying man's shoulder, pressing kisses to his temple. "I know you're scared, Tae. You're going through so much right now, but you're not alone." 

Taehyung felt alone. 

He felt so lost, so alone, but he was clueless as to how he would communicate this to a dead person. Namjoon was dead; just a figment of Taehyung's imagination. 

"Joonie, remember when I said I wanted to die?" he whimpered, earning a solemn nod. "Well, I feel like that now." 

Namjoon kissed his hand, then his forehead. "I don't want you to die, Taehyung. You still have so much to do in life." 

He forced Taehyung to look at him, his gaze filling Taehyung with the feeling of safety. "I love you so much, baby. You know that, don't you?"

Taehyung's bottom lip quivered as he nodded. "I-I do. I love you, too."

Namjoon smiled, giving Taehyung's hand one last squeeze. 

"Stay strong for me."