4

"Dad, Tae-appa..." Yeji smiled as she held hands with her husband, Sunwoo. "I'm having twins."

Fifty-year-old Taehyung busted out laughing as he looked at Yoongi -- now fifty-seven -- who was even paler than the chemo treatments made him. 

Taehyung knew that Yeji had been trying to have kids for years, so he smiled widely at her. "Congratulations, babygirl. I'm happy for you both."

Yeji beamed and accepted Taehyung's kiss on the cheek. Her smile dimmed just a little as she looked at her biological father. "Dad, are you okay?" 

Yoongi snapped out of his funk and nodded, soft smile on display. "I'm so happy for you, but...you're still my adorable baby girl that played with me and Jihoon."

Jihoon rolled his eyes. "Dad, you're so mushy. I'm gonna be an uncle!" he said, and his boyfriend, Chan, began cooing at him and ruffled his hair. 

Sunwoo kept his hand on the back of Yeji's chair, but ran his fingers across her shoulder. "We're excited. The house is perfect for lots of children, there are good schools in the district...We don't want to move and that makes me so happy." 

Everyone laughed, but a wince made Yoongi stop short. The chemo had been doing wonders for the past four years, but he was so weak that even laughter made his stomach hurt. He relaxed when he felt one of his husband's hands move to his stomach, rubbing there gently. 

"Alright," Jihoon sighed, standing with his boyfriend, "we better go before it gets too dark. I love you, Dad, Tae-appa." 

He hugged them both, kissing Yoongi's cheek as an extra 'I love you'. Chan shook their hands, eyes widening when Yoongi pulled him down to whisper in his ear, "Marry my son, Chan. You're perfect for him. I don't think I'll be able to make it to the wedding, but I at least want a ring on his finger." 

Chan nodded and flashed the older man a smile. "I already bought the ring. I'll take care of Jihoon-hyung forever."

Yoongi smiled gratefully. "He'll do the same for you."

-------

"This is fun, baby," Taehyung sighed, getting settled into the hot tub. 

For Yoongi's fifty-eighth birthday, Taehyung decided to take him to Jeju Island for a week. They had enough money saved up to rent a luxurious beach house. Yoongi wouldn't get into the ocean past his knees, so the evenings were spent in the indoor hot tub, watching the sun go down. 

"It's fun to you because we're naked," Yoongi deadpanned, his smile breaking through a bit. "Pervert."

Taehyung giggled and hauled Yoongi onto his lap. "I'm your pervert though, hyungie." 

He leaned back and let the jets massage his back while his husband turned to face him, his knees resting on either side of the younger man's hips. He leaned down to rest against Taehyung's chest, head lulling on his shoulder.

The couple had a silent agreement that they didn't need sex to have a good marriage, but they did enjoy the feel of skin against skin every now and then. It gave them a sense of safety and strengthened their trust in one another; it reassured their unconditional love and support. 

Yoongi took his time to admire Taehyung in all his glory. His fingers glided across the younger man's collar bones, over his strong shoulders and up his neck. He smoothed his hands down that strong back, then back around to his chest. His thighs felt Taehyung's against them. He focused on his husband's wandering hands. 

Taehyung was memorizing Yoongi, too. His hands remembered every dip and curve, every sensitive spot, every bone and muscle that made up his husband. 

He pressed kisses across Yoongi's shoulders, then up the side of his neck and behind his ear. Then he nuzzled the older man's neck, burying his face in the crook of it the same time Yoongi did it to him. 

Neither one of them said it, but it was understood that they loved each other no matter what. 

No matter what.