5

"Cry, Taehyung. Don't hold back," Seokjin muttered, his hand resting on the younger man's thigh. 

The funeral home director and her assistants waited outside the house, talking to Jihoon and Chan. The rest of Taehyung's family sat in the living room, leaving Taehyung alone with Seokjin. 

At first, he wanted to stay strong for the older man; he didn't want him to feel guilty for dying. He guessed that Seokjin knew all these years, Taehyung stayed strong and took care of him, so there was no reason to stay strong now. 

So Taehyung did what was asked of him; he allowed himself to be weak. 

"S-Seokie..."

His voice cracked, his emotions rushing on him so fast he ended up choking. The older man smiled a bittersweet smile, raising his arms a little as a sign that he wanted a hug. The younger man was gentle as he buried his face in Seokjin's neck, feeling two hands rub his back in soothing circles. 

They were quiet for a while, simply memorizing the way they felt in each other's arms one last time.

"These last years...they've been hard," Seokjin mumbled, taking a deep breath in, "but you never...never gave up on, on me. It would have been...hell without you."

Taehyung leaned up to press a kiss to Seokjin's cheek. "I loved every second of taking care of you. We had our bad days, but...Why am I crying harder over you than I did my husband?" 

Seokjin shrugged and coughed. "I thought...I had at least one year left in me...looks like it crept up on both of us." 

Taehyung silently agreed, enjoying the feeling of Seokjin holding him and pressing kisses to his head. "Yoongi and I saw it coming. I'm not ready to part with you." 

A quiet laugh sounded in his ear. "And I'm not ready to part with you, but...it's my time. There's nothing we can do now." 

"Please save your voice," Taehyung whimpered, "It sounds painful." 

Seokjin cupped Taehyung's face in his hands, thumbs rubbing his cheek bones. "You'll be alright, Taehyung. Let...let your family care of...of you now." He kissed the younger man's forehead. "For what it's worth...I love you." 

"I love you too, Seokjin-hyung. I love you so much," Taehyung whispered. 

They smiled at one another, a silent 'I'll stay with you until you move on' floating from the younger man to the older. They laid together for about an hour and a half, Taehyung's head resting over Seokjin's heart. 

Seokjin stopped breathing in the middle of Taehyung's lullaby, then his heart stilled in his chest. Taehyung smiled brokenly, leaving a kiss on his friend's forehead before leaving the room to tell his family.