Chapter 6

-Shinso's POV-

I follow his memories, trying to find the strongest emotions. I find something strong, almost pulling me in, begging me to view it. I grasp the memory, pulling it into view.

The scene appeared, placing me in it like a ghost.
The first thing I noticed was it was a cluster of memories.

Scene 1: Midoriya was sitting at a laptop that lit up his dark room.
He looked four.
He turned to what I can only assume was his mother.
"Can I be a hero?" The crying child croaked out.
His mother stood still, frozen behind him.
Then she herself broke down, hugging the crying child, just whispering "I'm sorry" over and over.

I could feel the heartbreak.

Scene 2: a kid looking like Bakugo was standing over a beaten up Midoriya in a park.
"You'll never be a hero, monster, you could never compete with me. Give up Deku!"
The words tumbling out of the kid's mouth froze my own heart.

He was told this as a child!?

Scene 3: Midoriya was a lot older, looking more 14 than the child I had seen before.
All Might was standing in front of Midoriya.
All might!?
"Young man, villainous powers bring villainous people. A villain cannot be a hero."
Those words were more crushing than the Midoriya in the scene or me observing could ever admit.

All Might?

You disgust me.

I will prove you wrong.

We will prove you wrong.

I could feel that determination deteriorate in Midoriya but also build up anew.

This was one kid.

Hades suffered.

And now he would make sure that no one else suffered like he did.
With Project Utopia.
We will prove to the world that dark powers can make heroes, that we shouldn't be opposed.

The memory died and my surroundings returned to the dream space. Midoriya was struggling as voices got through the walls of the space. I ran over to him, kneeling down and pulling him close.
I pulled him into a hug and he melted into the warmth. Is he touch starved?
I heard the voices recede, seeming to calm with his own mind.
They quiet when he's happy and calm?
Good to know.

I guess he's not happy and calm often.

We just sat in the hug for a while. I knew that time passed slowly in the real world compared to his mind.
It was only because he was a god and his mind worked so fast, that time moved slower in reality. If he didn't have a God's powers, time would move faster, like dreams.

"Hey, are you ok?"
"I... I can't hear the voices..."
"I think it's because your happy."
"I... I am?"
"It's been a long time huh?"
"Last time I felt like this was before I got my name."
"A long time. Do you want to go back yet?"
"Yeah... but... can you stay with me? I think I like being happy."
I smile lightly. Jeez this boy is cute.
"Yeah I'll stay with you, if you ever need help with those voices, just tell me, k?"
"Thanks Shinso."
"We all need help, so we should help each other."
He smiled a small smile.
He rarely did that.
I wanted to see him smile more.