Chapter 9

Once I had dragged Shinso out of the classroom, I basically collapsed on him. All that emotion left me exhausted. I wasn't used to it with that much intensity, but I felt satisfied, having achieved something I should have done long ago.

"Is it true he bullied you for a decade?" Shinso asked.

I just nodded mutely against his chest.

He sighed and propped me against the wall. He scoffed.

"They don't ven know that we're just transferring to 1-B. They think we're leaving the school."

I laughed weakly with him as he checked his watch.

"We have another 10 minutes of home room before maths with ectoplasm. You'll be ok in 10 minutes?"

"Yeah." I said breathlessly.

After a few minutes he pulled me to my feet upon request and we walked back into a still silent classroom. Eyes followed us to our seats but we just began to talk casually, myself finding the normal life I had with Shinso easier to understand than the friend others tried to make out of me. I wasn't used to it, but I was getting there with my guild.

I could be normal.

Of course, because we were heroes, that was unlikely to happen but I was determined to live out my high school experience as normally as possible.

Unfortunately for me, a few villains had a different idea.

-USJ-

(Description of harsh injury and violent battling, small warning)

As villains crawled out of the portal by the fountain, I backed up into Shinso, nudging him and the rest of the class to retreat to the door. Soon the portal villain had traveled to the platform we were standing on, trapping the class. After a cliche villain speech, a portal spread out underneath the class' feet.

Action time.

I was flung aside by a shadow trendril, it tossing me off the stairs, away from the portal. They were protecting me.
As I landed on the ground, I watch as a purple blur was hurled over the stairs as well.
Shinso?
They're protecting Shinso?

He is part of my guild, maybe that's it.
I pulled shadows up to catch him, him extremely confused why he was pulled off the platform and out of the portal by a shadow tendril.

He was put down softly and looked at me in bewilderment. I just shrugged and held a finger to my lips. I pulled him over to the plaza to see Aizawa fighting a hoard of low-rank villains.

We watched in awe as he tore through them, unconscious bodies surrounding the desperate pro.

Oh great, my luck has run out.

Some villains spotted us and launched over. I quickly harnessed the shadows but no need. They formed a protective dome over us and I clutched onto Shinso out of my new found emotion of fear.

Will we have to wait this out?

———————

Soon enough I had exhausted myself as the villains broke through the dome.
But plus ultra right?

I quickly grabbed onto the retreating shadows, huffing out sharp breaths as exhaustion creeped up into my muscles, the ache setting in as I quickly whipped around, implementing martial arts I had taught myself.