Chapter 16

I sighed.

"Indeed you will." He said.

Scarlet irises met emerald green. The message passed between the two was quick. But they didn't let down their stares.

"You've made the border. It was once the kingdom of Yomi if I remember correctly."

"Have you been inside?"

"Yeah. It's going to take you a long time if you want to revive that place."

I smiled.

"It will, but you were let inside the gate."

He scowled.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"It means the spirits like you. They like your soul and beliefs. And you're worthy of inhabiting Yomi before it even opens."

He snorted.

"As if some spirits' opinion of me matters."

I only smiled softly, breaking the long prolonged eye contact in favour of gazing up at the stars I loved.

"What would you say about being part of our clan."

"Hell no."

"We can provide safety, a place away from the rest of society. We'll set our own laws, our own people. People who can empathise with your situation."

I turned my head to look back into those burning blood red eyes.

"When suffering, humans look for empathy. When they have a bad experience with sympathy or pity, they turn to empathy because they look for someone to understand them. They want to find someone who knows, who they can trust and who can help.
You haven't found that person yet have you?"

"I have the league." He growled, tilting his head away, shading his gaze with his hoodie. "I don't need someone to empathise."

"You need someone to help you. And the league can do that. You've all been in similar situations, you just need to trust them. You trust Kurogiri, don't you?"

Shigaraki didn't respond.

"The clan we will build. It'll be a new society, all for ones who understand what you are going through. And that healing is what everyone needs right now, including you."

"But that won't be enough." He said, voice softer than I had ever heard him speak like.

"No, you became a villain so you could change society. But so far, you've only proven that it could break you. Follow our clan, and you can heal. But, eventually we'll need society to realise its mistake, so we'll change it. But we don't need to break society down until it's nothing."

"But I want change now!" He said, impatience kicking in. "This society has treated us badly for too long! I can't wait for your war, Izuku Midoriya, I'm waging my own."

He stood, walking to the edge of the roof. He was done with the conversation.

I frowned. I was so close.

"Please consider."

A swirling black and purple portal swelled in front of the hunched over adult.

"Maybe one day, little prince. But the King must fight his own battle."

"Then let's hope the prince's path never clashes with the King's battle." I said, standing with him.

Shigaraki grinned.

"Let's."

And so the villain disappeared onto the portal, gone.

I stared after the villain, thoughts running miles a second.