nineteen: simple man

Barefoot, she stood in shorts and a t-shirt that hung below her shorts as she held a washcloth in one hand and a squirt bottle in the other. She was on the side of the large bathtub in Emma's house, the doors all opened and letting the home air out while the boys did yard work and the girls worked inside. Well, except for Erin. Erin was (at this point in time,) driving the lawnmower through a field while her boyfriend was in a cart being towed behind. 

"Bathtubs done," Cadence called out loudly over the booming music. She half-expected Emma to yell back, as they had for the past couple hours whenever a task was complete. She thought nothing of it as she sighed, inspecting her work. The smell of cleaning supplies and air fresheners was comforting. She wished she had ambition to clean like this at her own house.

Cadence turned, not expecting a man trailing mud into the house to tackle her in a hug. She squealed, grabbing onto to Ryan's neck as he spun her off from the side of the bathtub and pushed her into the wall. Muffled giggles looped through the air as he kissed her neck countless times, making his way up to her mouth. Emma realized the muddy prints in the hall and began to yell, the music cutting suddenly.

Cadence couldn't' help but smile and kiss him back when he finally met her lips. She took off his hat and slid her fingers through his long, curly hair that was damp with sweat. His boots were covered in mud and so were his jeans; his shirt sweat and grease covered. Even still, she melted into the kiss and was only on her two feet due to the support of he and the wall.

"Ryan Michael Blaney! You tracked mud through my house! All over the hardwood floors I just washed--" He kissed Cadence deeper, waving his sister off as she walked into the bathroom holding a wet towel. "Ryan!" Cadence giggled into the kiss as Ryan's greedy hands grabbed onto her hips, pressing his girlfriend into the wall just slightly harder. "Ryan!" He finally looked to his sister, Cadence's cheeks red and lips swollen as she gripped Ryans shirt.

"Sorry, what'd you say?"

Emma's laugh was short lived as she swung the wet towel at her brother with a playful smile. He shielded Cadence as she grinned, him laughing. "Relax, Em. Relax! Your husband told me to tell you girls we're puttin' a finish on the wood so--"

"So you're cleaning your mess!" Emma finished, glancing between the pair. She still held a knowing smile as she shook her head. "Dinner's in the oven, so make it quick." She left the room, sighing in amusement as she went back into the kitchen. Ryan smiled triumphantly down at Cadence and gently moved her side to side playfully.

"Miss me?"

"So much."

"I could tell. You were scrubbing that tub-- brow furrowed. Thinking... 'I miss my sweet, sexy, delicious... big, strong man! Oh, I wish he were here'..." She rolled her eyes heavenward as she held his hat in one hand and slid her palm down his chest.

"I was thinking about how he needs a shower."

"You do too. Smell sickenly of bleach."

"At least I smell good!"

"It's a date then." 

"What?"

"A shower. Tonight. My place."

"Oh my gosh." She laughed and slapped his chest playfully. She pulled him down for a quick kiss before setting his hat on sideways. She ducked away from him and skipped over his muddy footprints to walk into the kitchen.

"Is that a yes?" She turned on her heel, crossing her arms over her chest as she continued walking backwards. She knew he wouldn't follow onto the carpet. Instead, he pouted and watched her go from the hallway. "It's a yes. I see it on your pretty little face." He smirked and she snickered before waving him away.