THIRTEEN

"Stephanie darling," Teni was grinning. "You know I love you." She placed her hands on her chest.

How did she do that? Just yesterday she was aggravating every part of Stephanie, and today she was making it difficult for Stephanie not to burst into laughter. Stephanie was having a hard time forcing herself to keep a straight face as she put on her jean skirt, all the while not saying a word to Teni.

"Stephanie, my love, you know you can't give me the silent treatment, right." Teni gave her chin a gentle stroke. Stephanie immediately looked away. She wouldn't let Teni see the smile that was forming on her face. Magdalene was grinning and watching the two of them as though they were some sort of TV show.

"Stephanie, I'm sorry now," Teni tickled the side of Stephanie's neck and that was it. Stephanie burst into uncontrollable laughter, Teni and Magdalene following suit.

"I told you that you couldn't stay angry with me for long."

"You cheated." Stephanie was panting. "You tickled me." She spoke as she put on her blouse.

"Who said tickling wasn't allowed?" Teni shrugged.

"Yeah, who said so?" Magdalene was smiling.

"I can't believe you're taking her side, Magdalene. I'm hurt." Stephanie placed her hand on her chest, giving a fake cry.

"Come on, Stephanie. We're both on your side." Magdalene smiled.

"Yeah!" Teni grinned. We'll always be on your side.

"Aww." Stephanie smiled. "Thanks, guys."

"But the next time we see you with bleaching cream, we're going to pour it in the toilet and flush it away." Teni looked serious.

"Yeah." Magdalene nodded.

Stephanie gasped as she looked at both girls. They didn't look like people who were joking. They probably didn't know that she was planning to buy another bleaching cream. One that was far more expensive than the one Teni destroyed. If only they knew where she was dressing up to go to. She was on her way to Chinasa's room. She'll go there and they'll place the order for the best body enhancement creams. She'd never let Teni and Magdalene see those creams. If it took hiding them in Chinasa's room, that's what she'd do.

"You look like they just poured cold water on you," Teni said.

"Calm down, girl." Magdalene laughed. "We love you, but we're not joking."

Stephanie forced a smile as she put on her wig.

"But Stephanie, don't you know how beautiful your skin is?" Teni looked very serious as she spoke.

"Help me tell her," Magdalene said. "I don't know who has been making her think otherwise."

Stephanie nodded as she brushed her wig. She wasn't going to listen to these girls. She hated it when people complimented her just to make her feel happy. Why not just be real and say the truth? Her skin was nowhere close to Chinasa's skin in beauty and she wasn't going to stand here and listen to one more word from Teni and Magdalene. She hurriedly put on her sandals and put on some perfume.

"See you later, guys." She locked her cupboard, picked up her purse, and walked out of the room.

"Bye, dear."
"Bye."
Teni and Magdalene spoke as she slammed the door shut.

~ ~ ~

Chinasa's hostel was just about fifteen minutes' walk, but Stephanie hated trekking, so she'd boarded a taxi and gotten here in so little time. She looked in the direction of Chinasa's window as she waited for her change. Chinasa's lights were on. That meant she was in.

"Your change, madam." The driver handed her her change.

"Thank you." Stephanie smiled and hurried into the building. She couldn't wait to see Chinasa's reaction when she told her the good news. Stephanie was now a rich girl. She had all the money she needed. She was going to have a perfect body in little time from now. She grinned as she climbed up the stairs. Chinasa would be shocked.

Stephanie could hear music as she walked the hallway leading to Chinasa's room. The music seemed to get louder as she approached Chinasa's door. Stephanie hated hearing loud music. It always gave her a headache. When she'd reached Chinasa's door, she didn't need anyone to tell her that the music was coming from inside Chinasa's room. Stephanie knocked as loud as she could, not expecting Chinasa to hear her knock because of the loud music. Sure enough, Chinasa didn't hear. She tried knocking louder this time. How did she expect Chinasa to hear her knock when she, herself couldn't hear it?

"Chinnie?" She shouted and banged the door harder, but Chinasa didn't hear her.

Stephanie took out her phone and dialed Chinasa's number, but just as she expected, Chinasa didn't answer. Why would Chinasa play music at such a high volume? Stephanie rested her back against the opposite wall. What should she do? She was very sure Chinasa was inside, but how could she get in. Stephanie held the doorknob, knowing it was just a waste of time trying to open the door. Chinasa always locked the door from inside whenever she was around. Stephanie twisted the doorknob and to her surprise, the door was open.

"Thank goodness," Stephanie whispered as she walked in, but the awkward sight in front of her caused her to stop right in her tracks as her heart skipped a beat.

Chinasa was stark naked, lying supine on the bed, facing the opposite direction. No, she couldn't be doing what Stephanie was thinking. Stephanie was still trying to understand what was going on when she saw Chinasa raising the cucumber to do it again.

"No!" Stephanie screamed, startling Chinasa. Chinasa trembled as she threw the cucumber. She quickly tried to cover herself as she looked around in confusion.

Stephanie ran out before Chinasa could see her. She ran as fast as she could, her heart was pounding. She couldn't believe what she'd just seen. She looked back, hoping Chinasa wasn't behind her. No one was pursuing her. Chinasa would have to put on some clothes before she came out to pursue her, by that time, Stephanie would be long gone. Ignoring the curious stares, Stephanie didn't stop running until she'd gone far out of the gate.

Panting, she placed both hands on her knees as she rested against a wall. She couldn't believe what she'd just seen. This was the first time she was seeing someone masturbate, and it wasn't the best sight to behold. Chinasa, of all people? It was all making sense to Stephanie now. Chinasa always locked her door because of what she used to do when she was alone. She must have forgotten to lock it today. Such a pity. She probably played loud music so that people in the neighboring rooms won't hear her moans. Thank goodness Chinasa hadn't seen her. Would Chinasa have been able to look her in the eye, knowing she'd caught her doing the dishonorable act? Stephanie would never let Chinasa know that it was she who caught her red-handed. Chinasa's secret was safe with her, but it was a pity that she'd never be able to look at Chinasa the same way.