Chapter 8

Two weeks after graduation

Todoroki's POV:

          Izuku and I settled into our two bedroom apartment and we were planning our wedding. Family and friends kept asking us all different types of questions. I wanted to call it off and run away. All of the things that we thought would make the day perfect didn't matter as long as we had each other. The things that family wanted were expensive and we  didn't have the money for them. There were so many things we wanted to do in life that were likely not to happen. I just didn't think that marriage was ever for me. Now I was excited for the future. "I have been thinking Izu"

"Yeah Sho what about?" he replied snapping out of a daze.
"Well how would you feel if we eloped?" 

"I thought you would never ask" turning his computer around towards me " there is this little cottage in the the middle of no where and they have opening today in three hours. It 's about an hour away so we could pick up suits and get there in time. I always thought I wanted a big wedding but now I would just like to be with you."

"Book it I will get the keys." I said standing up. He made the time and we went to pick out our suits. We laughed about how silly the idea was but also how we didn't need it to be big to be in love. We each got our suits and didn't let each other until we arrived and changed. I promised that we would have a big reception later in life. 

The place was beautiful. Fairy lights fell from a outdoor covering. There was a cobble stone path that led  up to the alter. There were all different types of flowers every where. I walked up and waited for Izuku. The music started playing and he walked towards me. The tears started welling up in my eyes. He was perfect and the day couldn't have ended any better. I looked into his eyes as I told him how I loved him,and he the same for me. Both crying we said "I do" and went in for a passionate kiss. And Just like that we were Shoto and Izuku Midoriya. I took his name so that I never had to be associated with my fathers last name again. It was small but beautiful and we didn't need any thing else.