Chapter 12

The Kiribaku wedding

Shoto's POV:

I was helping Kiri get ready for the events this day would hold. They had just been notified that the birth mom they were going to adopt form was having twins and they would probably be born by the end of the day. However the mother was only 28 weeks along and they would most likely be in the NICU (newborn intensive care unit) for at least 2 weeks. They didn't want to cancel the wedding, they had waited for a long time for this day. Izuku was a few rooms over helping Bakugo and Kate get ready. Kate was going to wear a white dress and Izuku was going to wear a black suit matching the one I was wearing. Kiri was wearing a white suit with a black tie and Bakugo was going to wear a black suit and white tie.

The hall that they would be married in was beautiful. It was like the place I imagined to marry Izuku in. Although I was happy with the choice we made I felt that I could've done better for him. The hall was elegant and classy all at the same time, the alise was lit with fairy lights and there were red, orange and white flowers on the outside of the pews. There was a white carpet leading up to the altar and where they were to stand was the most beautiful of all. Covered in the same flowers on the pew there was a stand holding the rings for all to see. The light shined bright on where the couple would stand.

As the guest started to arrive I helped usher them to their seats. People I hadn't seen since high school were there and friends I had long forgotten about. Kiri's family was there along with Bakugo's father, his mother didn't approve of the marriage so she wasn't invited. Bakugo waited at the aisle while I carried Kate who threw petales and walked Izuku down the aisle with me. The lights shut down, and music played. A spotlight shone above Kiri as he walked down the aisle in tears. Tears trickled down Bakugo's cheeks as his friend and soon husband walked toward him.

After an hour long ceremony followed by the reception the two once my teenage friends were married. They no longer seemed like the guys I met in high school they were. We drove them to the hospital where the twins had been born. They invited us in and we took them up on the offer. Sitting in the incubator were two small girls less than five pounds in weight, both hooked but to thousands of wires and tubes, Kiri leaned into Bakugo and started to cry. I alway thought they were both so strong but at this moment they didn't know what to do. My heart broke as the nurse escorted all of us out of the room saying they could come back later. I felt my heart sink to the ground when Izuku and I got in the car.

"I want another" He cried knowing that this was just baby fever "I want another baby, but promise me that they won't be that tiny."

I couldn't make this promise but I wanted the same thing he did. I wanted another child. I wanted to experience the pain of watching the mother deliver a child into our family. I want to give him hope that our family would be complete eventually no matter how many kids that was no matter who was in it.