Chapter 14

Izuku's POV:

I was a full time dad and Shoto worked daily. If people think that being a full time parent isn't hard or a job well they're wrong. Having two kids under the age of three was a crazy idea. While I was very happy for the blessing of Kayden it came with its own difficulty. We had no problem with Kate when it came to feeding or health problems but Kayden was so different. He was small when he was born but not small enough to worry about. For the first few weeks he was fine but one night everything changed. We were giving him the last bottle for the day when he stopped drinking, I thought nothing of it until the next morning when he spiked a fever. I took him to urgent care and they told me he had a cold. Deep down I knew something wasn't right so I took him to the ER. During this time he still wasn't eating and Shoto was home with Kate. When we arrived they saw us immediately and they told me that something was seriously wrong. I called Shoto and told him that he needed to bring Kate and get to the hospital as soon as possible.

When Shoto arrived they explained that he had a bowel obstruction and likely a tare in his stomach causing the fever and loss of appetite. They were concerned that he wouldn't make it through the surgery and they had no clue what the cause was. We said our tearful goodbyes as they wheeled him into surgery. I felt like this was my fault no matter how much they told me there wasn't anything I did wrong. I waited for an update overnight, I fell to sleep on SHoto's chest on a couch in the back. I cried when I woke up seeing a nurse walking towards us after Shoto woke me up. The nurse informed us that he had pulled through and even though the prognosis was guarded they predicted a very good outcome. And after a week we took our boy home.

Now it was Kate's first birthday and we were on the right track. We had a rainbow themed party at our apartment. She wore a unicorn dress that my mom sewed for her. All our friends came including Bakugo and Kiri and their girls who were growing every day. Everyone was there except Shoto. He was supposed to be here an hour ago and he still hadn't showed up. I knew something was wrong but I figured that he was fine and there was just a hold up at work.

Meanwhile SHoto's POV:

"Hey we've got a jumper up here I need reinforcements" I whispered into an old walkie. I knew that I was late to Kate's party but there wasn't much I could do.

"Alright we're sending someone up to you now. Do you know anything about the kid?"

"His name is Jax that's all"

I walked towards him. The world looked so small from the top of this 3 story building. I heard my partner walking up the ladder to us when suddenly the young boy I was standing in front of pushed me. I saw him run to the officer telling him that he wasn't thinking when he pushed me. Everything moved in slow motion as I fell to the ground. The last thing I was thinking about were my two young kids and how much I wished I missed them. With a hard impact I felt my body hit the street, and the last thing I heard was the rest of the team screaming at the sight of me laying there.

A/N: There will be two more parts clearly labeled. The first one will be happy and you can stop reading there. If you have the gut to read the other part it will be sad and have many triggers. This is your warning and I will warn you again at the beginning of the first part and the end of that part. You have been warned not to read the sad one.