Chap 8: Dispute Amongst Friends

"Hell yeah I wanna go! A banquet with a bunch of rich, snooty people? This is gonna be fun! I gotta go find somethin to wear! You gonna come pick me up?" Dani said excitedly. She didn't even ask me about my date.

"You know I will. And bitch, you don't have a car! So I gotta drop you off too." I said flatly. She pointed at me as she put her shoes on.

"Right. Let's go!" She said.

"Damn, we've been awake for five hours and you haven't even asked me about my date." I said, pouting.

"I was gettin to it! It takes me a minute to get my thoughts together when I first wake up!" Dani said, putting her jacket on. When I came in this morning from my date, she was knocked out with crumbs all over my damn couch and carpet.

"Well let's go Chi! I gotta find somethin to wear!" Dani said, flying out the front door. I grabbed my keys and followed her, getting in my car. I started off toward her apartment, turning the radio on. Dani turned it back off and turned toward me in her seat.

"Dan-"

"So tell me about the date! Did she take you to a fancy restaurant? Ooo! Nope! She bought out a skating rink for the night and y'all skated to her favorite song! Or she took you to a big ass penthouse and had a waiter and chef hook-"

"Dani! Are you gonna keep tellin me what happened on my damn date or are you gonna let me speak?!" I yelled. She huffed and sat back in her seat, crossing her arms like a defiant child.

"Alright. So she- put your damn seatbelt on!" I said angrily.

"Damn Chi!"

"My car, my rules! And not to mention its a fuckin law!"

"I'm putting it on, see?! Now go ahead and tell me! Shit.."

"Okay. She pulled up in a fuckin Ferrari girl! A two million dollar car!" I said.

"Two million? That's petty change to her family." Dani said sarcastically.

"Right. And just like you, I thought that she would try to wine and dine me, impress me by showing her money around. That's not what she did though." I said, stopping at a red light.

"Oh of course not. She has to show you she's modest and humble and money doesn't change her." Dani said, rolling her eyes.

"Why do you have a attitude? Cause I told you to put your seatbelt on?" I asked.

"No. It's her." She said, talking about Mani.

"Not this again. What about her? I thought you liked her! Her and her friend saved me!" I said, pulling off when the light turned green.

"I don't dislike her, Chi. I just... I mean, we met her parents."

"She isn't like them."

"Not from what she showed you, China! You don't really know her! You don't know anything about her!"

"I know why she doesn't fuckin talk! I know she let me stay at her home because I was fucked up after some guy dosed me and was about to rape me! I know... you know what?" I pulled over and Dani looked at me like I was crazy.

"Get the fuck out Dani." I said plainly, glaring at her. She scoffed and unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Seriously, Chi? You want me to get out, over her? A girl you've known, what? All of, three days? I'm your best friend, have been since grade school! You think I'm saying this to hurt you?!" Dani said angrily.

"I don't know why you're saying it Dani! Are you jealous or something?" I asked. She snorted then started to laugh out loud.

"You know what Chi? You can keep it, your boujee inlaws, Ferrari's, banquets, mute girlfriend, ALL OF IT. Fuck you China." Dani said, getting out of the car.