Chap 13: Surprise!

We got Dani in the car and drove to Party City.

"Party City? What the hell are we doin here?" Dani asked.

"Get out Grumpy. Let's go find you a good costume!" I said.

"Costume? Why?" She asked.

"Too many questions, not enough walking. Come on!" Lauren said, skipping across the parking lot. She sure did have a lot of energy. People like her make you think about how they really feel, like are they really happy?

We walked into the store and each went to different aisles. I went to grab the wig I needed for my costume. I had everything else I needed at home. I walked passed two aisles and found Dani looking at paint.

"What are you gonna be?" I asked her. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Pennywise." She said.

"Bitch, the clown?"

"No, China, the sandwich. Yes! The clown!" She said sarcastically.

"You know I don't like clowns!"

"Yep." She said, snickering and walking further down the aisle. I shook my head and went to find Lauren. She was looking at a cape.

"What are you gonna be?" I asked her.

"A vampire." She said, smiling. I nodded and went to the front to pay for my wig.
****************
After we left the store, we all drove back to my place to get ready. While Dani was in the bathroom putting on her make up, Lauren and I were sitting in my room, putting on our finishing touches.

"You look good, Dream." Lauren said, looking at me through my full body mirror. I decided I was going to be someone instead of something. So I dressed as one of my favorite singers, Janet Jackson. Lauren put in her fake teeth then turned around, spinning her cape.

"How do I look?" She asked.

"Like you wanna bite somebody's neck." I said sarcastically.

"So I look perfect then." She said, giving me her signature wink.

" She said, giving me her signature wink