Chap 9: The Banquet

Just look at her smile damn... 😩❤ Whatever devine entity created her took they SWEET ass time.

"WOOOO! CHI, GET UP HERE! YOU GOTTA DO THIS AT LEAST ONCE!" Dani yelled, hanging out the sun roof.

"I'm good, Dan." I said with a chuckle, sipping my white wine. She sat down and tried to grab the bottle but I snatched it from her.

"Let me have a sip Chi!"

"Next year."

"Stop being a buzzkill, give me a little sip!"

"What's a sip gone do for you Dan?!"

"Ladies, we're coming up on our destination." Alegra, the driver said.

"Alright, alright. Let's act boujee now. I'm ready." Dani said, smoothing out her dress. I rolled my eyes as we pulled up to the building the event was being held in. Alegra got out and opened the door for us.

"Thanks Alegra." I said to her.

"No problem. Enjoy the party." She said, getting back in the limo.

"Alegra? Isn't that a medication for arthritis or something?" Dani asked me.

"Girl, I don't know! Come on!" I said, grabbing her hand so I could walk easier. We walked in and it looked like a ballroom, people everywhere wearing suits and expensive dresses.

"Wow. This is... whatever..." Dani said. I looked at her and she was frowning. I wonder what her deal is. She's so adamant on downing this lifestyle it almost feels personal.

"There goes Normani and Lauren over by the drinks." Dani said, tapping me. We both walked over to them, Mani met me half way and hugged me.

"Dream, Dani! You guys made it! How's it going?" Lauren said, hugging us both. They both looked amazing.
Mani was in a nude pink dress, like me, that was hugging her frame perfectly. Lauren had on a off the shoulder violet mini dress and black pumps.

 Lauren had on a off the shoulder violet mini dress and black pumps

"You guys look amazing

"You guys look amazing. Ya'll want something to drink?" Lauren asked, picking up a couple glasses of champagne. Dani grabbed it quickly and gulped it down before I could object.