Perfect (FatGum X Reader)

(I'm gonna add a TW just in case this makes anyone uncomfortable, This will be talking about body issues and he is comforting you on this topic. I myself struggle with this more than you can imagine...)

It had been a hard week for you to the point everything really bothered you, Work and school had you in a spiral. You came home after a long day and set your keys on the table, you sighed seeing Taishiro wasn't home yet again but you understood now that he had a second kid he had to help with at the agency. You shuffled to the bedroom and got undressed, you needed a bath or something just to get the thoughts out of your head. 

You laid in the bathtub relaxing when you started to look at your body feeling your heart sink hating how it looked. You touched your stomach and sides and closed your eyes trying to get you to think of something else, you just wanted a clear mind. You finished up and got out wrapping a towel around you, You went to the room to change when you ended up seeing yourself in the mirror. You stood there and started to look at your face and saw tears fill your eyes as you started to hate yourself more finding yourself Ugly, thoughts kept coming into your head "Why would he date someone as ugly as me?" you sniffed feeling everything shut down around you as you started to break down from all of the thoughts.

Little did you know Taishiro was standing at the door holding flowers wanting to surprise you that he was home early. He had seen the entire thing and it broke his heart seeing you in this state. He himself could understand exactly what you were dealing with but to him, this was the worst thing for him to see you do. "Marshmallow," He said softly walking up next to you, He sat down next to you set down the flowers carefully. 

"Come here" he pulled you onto his lap to where you felt a wave of comfort come over you once you felt his warm arms and hug take over. "What were you doing saying those things about yourself just now? Why do you feel the way you do? You know you are the most beautiful person in the world" he smiled trying to comfort you. "It breaks my heart to see you do and say those things Marshmallow" he played with your wet hair as you just sat there holding onto him.

He sat there quietly holding you as he wanted to just be with you at that moment. He didn't stop playing with your wet hair as he waited, you could feel him being patient with this moment not wanting to say anything. He made you look up at him finally with a soft touch to the face with his index finger having it lift your chin "There's the face I love so much" He kissed your nose softly making you wrinkle your face up a bit "I love every single thing about you baby... but I can't control how you see yourself but I will tell you what I see" he rubbed your chin softly with this thumb.

 "I see the love of my life, I see my forever... I see someone with exactly what I want in a lover... You think I love you for your face and body because if you do you are so wrong" He adjusted you in his arms "I love the strong and independent person who has shown me so much love no matter the day or time... The person who to has helped me with body issues...  I struggle with mine due to my quirk but you have been there with me during my worst times and now I have to be with you"

He was right, you were always there for him when he would have body issues when his quirk would make him go from six-pack abs to really big. At times you could tell it bothered him but he would always say he's fine that he was used to it by now since it was his quirk. You stayed looking up at him seeing how soft and caring his eyes really were when he would look at you.

 "Let's get you dressed and I'll brush your hair out" he smiled helping you up, you had not long hair but long enough brushing it out was a choice when it came to after showers or it would be all messed up in the morning. Having someone like him around was always the best because he would treat you how you want and it was always with kindness and he never got mad at you the way others would when you feel this way.

He zipped up one of his hoodies on you and smiled "See how big I am? You look adorable in this" he chuckled ruffling your hair softly, he pulled you into a soft yet tight hug "Ahh my adorable Marshmallow... I want to fight those who put such horrible thoughts in your head and show them you don't have to be perfect to be loved by someone... I hate how people paint this image into people's heads on how people should look" he sighed "You think I don't hear what people say about me on the streets? When I became a pro hero and started to help... People didn't understand how a fat person could be a hero... This was before my quirk was announced so I was always bullied when I would go on patrol... Now, look at me" He beamed ''I'm in the top ten and I even have my own agency and two amazing UA students to teach.. Two amazing Students I would do anything for" he chuckled really loving those kids.

 "I have an idea and I need you the most to agree with me... Together let's work on loving our bodies and what we have... Let's try to encourage one another on doing better and see that we aren't like others because we are who we are... We are made the way we are and we can do better to make ourselves happy again" He held your shoulders making you look at him, you nodded showing him you were willing to work with him to get better at the things you needed and it felt good to know you had someone willing to work with to get better not just mentally but also physically. 

He took you to the bed and made you get under the covers and he joined you pulling you close. He kissed your head softly "we got this Marshmallow.. Together we can do this and get better as a team.. I'm just glad I have you to do this with.. I'm so lost without you" he sighed "I hate leaving you for so long and to come home and seeing you the way I just found you... Not something I wanted... But I need to be ready for days like this so I can do whatever you need me to do and I will do it so fast" He kissed your head over and over "We should get some sleep for sure... We have a long day ahead of us" he teased you softly. He watched you slowly fall asleep and he couldn't help but smile thinking how lucky he is to have you and he sure planned on keeping it that way for as long as he could since he loved you more than words could even show.

~FIN~