11

"How long?" Edward asks urgently.

"A few minutes. Maybe ten," Alice answers shaking her head looking around in concern. I notice Bella scanning  the field and pretty sure she is searching for Jacob. It does bother me that she continues to lead Jacob on but she has no intention of actually being with him.

"They timed their arrival well," Rosalie scoffs. She does have a point. I cross my arms and Bree clutches to my jacket scanning the area still terrified.

"Probably hoping the newborns took a few of us out," Emmett growls pulling Rosalie closer to him.

I notice Edward stops and looks towards the Bree with a confused look. I have to control myself from growling at him as he looks at him in disgust.

"What's she doing here?" He asks in distaste. Bella looks to us and seems to notice how Bree cowers behind me.

"We offered her safe haven if she stopped fighting, she took it," Esme says sending Bree a reassuring smile.

"She's a Mikaelson now, she's my responsibility and I promise she won't be threat to Bella," I nod in promise. He smiles a little and nods.

"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honor a truce with the werewolves," Carlisle says bringing our attention back to the main conflict.

"Where's Jacob?" Bellas asks still scanning the area for the shapeshifter.

"There..." Edward says very monotone. Jacob emerges from the tree line still a reddish brown wolf. Bella sighs with enormous relief and I can't also help but be happy that he's ok. I don't like him but I don't want him dead ether.

Jacob sees her as well, and starts walking toward her but suddenly we hear a vicious snarl coming from behind him in the woods.

A light grey wolf who I believe is the only female shapeshifter Leah, cornering one last male newborn who was hiding.

Leah charges towards him and I can tell Edward is listening to the conflict. "Leah, don't!" Edward shouts concern lacing his voice.

The male newborn maneuvers out of her way, spins and grabs her by the scruff of the neck, fiercely pulling her off of her paws.

Jacob leaps on to the newborn tackling him off of Leah. They roll into the clearing where the rest of the Cullens can see. I could watch the whole thing because of my advanced eyesight but all they could do was hear the sounds of fight before.

Jacob bites a chunk out of the male newborn and it looks like he has the upper hand so I don't bother to inter yet.

The male newborn some how gets his arms around and crushes him, I can hear Jakes bones crushing and I turn and bury my face into Jaspers side so I don't have to watch. I feel Bree also bury her face into my side. Jacob howls in agony. Bella sees this from afar and starts screaming for him.

"Jacob!" She starts running and so do the rest of the wolves. The rest of the pack are instantly there and pounce on the male newborn, their teeth forcing him to release Jacob who crumples to the ground. As they pull him apart Edward, Carlisle, and I run to Jacobs side.

Jacob shifts back naked, grotesquely twisted and broken, barely able to breathe.

Carlisle quickly examines him as he writhes in pain and I know that I can use my magic to save him but that's gonna take time we don't have.

Edward steadies him and holds his hand. "Hold on, Carlisle is gonna take care of you," he says concern and reassurance slipping into his voice.

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered," Carlisle says monotone slipping into doctor mode. Jacob screams in excruciating pain and squeezes Edward's hand. I look over and Jasper is holding Bree close to him trying to shield her view of the sight.

Bella strokes his face, trying to comfort him. "Bella," Jacob cries barely being able to breath.

"Jake, I'm right here," she says with a tear stained face. Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry, Quil and Leah, now in human form race up.

"Jacob, you idiot. I had it," she cries guilt and worry slipping into her voice. I grab her shoulder reassuringly and she buries her face in my neck crying.

"Leah," Sam starts but I hold a hand up telling him to stop.

"I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in. It's already starting," Carlisle says searching Jacobs broken body.

"We need to get him out of here. We're not gonna win a fight with the Volturi," Edward says eyes not leaving Jacob.

"We'll take him back to Billy's," Sam says trying to take control of the situation.

"I'll be there as soon as I can," Carlisle says but by the look on his face he doesn't seem so confident he can.

"No, I'll do it, I can use my magic to heal him and it'll be like he was never hurt in the first place. It'll take a max of thirty minutes when I get there," I tell them receiving nods of appreciation.

"Hang in there, Jake We got you," Bella cries over her friends body.

Jacob cries out in pain as the pack lift him. Bella cries as she watches them disappear into the woods. She and Edward exchange a look of shared concern. Leah looked at me with a tear stained face and tries to smile before walking off.

"They're here," Alice says. Jasper walks over to his best friend and holds her shoulder as we wait.