Chapter 44

TAYLOR'S POV

It's a week after we had our one year anniversary. We had a blast, the helicopter ride was so fun and England looked so beautiful from above. Kelley took me to some fancy restaurant and after we just walked through the city. We came across a water fountain and Kelley decided to walk on its edges. Kelley being Kelley thought it would be funny to try and do one of those jumps like a ballerina, but when she landed she misplaced her foot and landed in the water fountain.

It was quite funny and once she got out she hugged me trying to get me wet, well she did in more than one way. After that we just headed back to the hotel and took a shower.

But now we are back in the States. The NWSL has already ended and the U.S. Women's team is on a short two week break which is nice. We are planning on going to visit her parents in Georgia and then maybe all of us going to South-Africa. Our parents haven't met each other yet, it's kind of hard with our jobs and the fact that they live in two different countries, but we are still thinking about it.

I have met Kelley's parents a few times at her games and when she played close to home we went and visited them. We FaceTime often with our families so we are not unfamiliar with them.

"Hey Andy? Do you want to go for a surf after we finish packing?" I hear my girlfriend ask from the bathroom. She walks out giving me an excited smile. "That's a new one," I say referring to the nickname she used. "Yeah, I like it. It's kinda short for Anderson and I haven't heard anyone calling you that so yeah," She says and I giggle. "I love it," I say and kiss her. "I'd like to go for a surf," I added and give her a smile. "Alright, I'll get everything ready," She says giving me a kiss before walking out of our bedroom.

I finish packing the last of my stuff and place my bags on the ground and out of the way. I quickly get dressed in my bikini and head downstairs. I see all our stuff outside on the back porch and Kelley playing with Scooby and a soccer ball. I smile to myself and slide open the door to go outside.

"And it's Scooby with a tackle to steal the ball from O'Hara," I say mimicking an commentators voice. She laughs and walk over to me. "You ready?" She ask as places a kiss on my forehead. "Yeah, do we have everything?" I ask her. "Yep. I got our towels, our boards obviously, some snacks and stuff and I got our wetsuits, although I don't think I'm going to use mine." She says with a smile. "Alright, do you have sunscreen?" I ask with amusement knowing she forgot it.

It's funny actually. She always complains about how she gets burned and how her lips get chapped every time, but she never remembers to put on sunscreen. I find it quite amusing.

"Dammit, I didn't. I'll go get it," She says and before she can get into the house I stop her. "No need, I got it right here," I say with a grin. "What would I do without you?" She asks as she giggles. "Probably get burnt and complain about it later," I say trying to hold my laugh. "Yeah, you got me there," She says and we laugh.

"C'mon let's go before the low tide," I say and help her carry all our stuff. I throw the towel around my shoulder and grab my board placing it under my arm. Kelley takes my free hand and we make the short walk to the beach.

**********

"Hey Andy look I'm the sea monster!" Kelley yells while laughing. I paddle myself around so that I could face Kelley. She was sitting on her board with sea weed on top of her head.

"Oh my god," I say and laugh at my girlfriend. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm dating a grown up or an five year old," I say and chuckle at her face expression. "Hey Walt Disney once said that growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional so guess which one I chose," She says and I can't help but laugh.

I paddle over to her and climb onto her board. "Hmm, I love my five year old." I say and lean in to kiss her. She laughs as I pull away from the kiss and I smile. She wraps her arms around me and pull me back in for a kiss. I feel her leaning her body to the right and before I know it we were in the water.

She was laughing as I resurfaced and I giggle along. "That's payback," She says with amusement. "Alright that's fair," I say and swim over to her. "Low tide is here so do you want to head back to the house?" She asks. "Yeah, but can we stay a little while and watch the sunset?" I ask as I climb back on my board.

"Good idea," She replies. "Last one back has to cook dinner!" I say and start paddling to catch a wave back to shore. "You're going to lose!" I hear her yell. I laugh and stand up on my board. As I rode the wave out I jumped off my board and start running, but when I looked over my shoulder I saw Kelley right on my heels and she is fast as fuck.

"I told you that you were going to lose!" She yells as she runs past me. I stop and giggle while trying to catch my breath. "Why the hell did I say that?" I ask and she giggles. "Looks like you're cookin' dinner," She says as she dries herself off. "Yeah yeah rub it in would ya," I say with amusement.

Once we were dried off she laid down an extra towel for us to sit on. She sits down first and opens her legs for me to sit in between. She wraps her arms around me as soon as I sit down and I let out a giggle. She gives me a peck on the head and I sink into her touch.

"I love you," She says and I feel myself smile. "I love you too," I say and lean my head back for a kiss.

"I have a joke for you," She says and gets all excited. "I'm listening," I say with a smile. "Why are pirates bad at the alphabet?" She asks. "I don't know," I say and she giggles before replying. "Because they are always stuck at C" She says and I look at her with amusement. I chuckle at her joke and peck her knuckles. "That's a good one," I say. "Why thank you my bru," She says in a South-African slang type of way. I raised my brows and turn around to look at her.

She gives me a big smile and I chuckle, "That's a first. Where did you learn that?" I ask generally interested. "I'm dating a South-African who speaks her slang more and more everyday. I'm bound to pick up a thing or two." She says and chuckles. "Plus I saw a video of two people doing the language challenge thing. The one was from America and the other from South-Africa." She says and I giggle. "You surprise me everyday," I say and peck her lips.

We sit there for a while more in a comfortable silence just watching the waves crash on shore.