CHAPTER 8

1 week later -

Y/N'POV:

It's been 1 week since I'm in the hospital now. I feel way better than before. Mingyu and Eunwoo kept coming to see me the whole week. I was talking with them until the doctor came inside the room.
" Hello Y/N "
- Oh ! Hello Doctor
- So, it seems that you feel better than the first day. I saw the results of the last exams and everything came back to normal. So you can go back to your house.
- Really ?!
- Yes, we just need you to sign some official papers, and well, you also need someone to stay with you at your house for approximately 2 months. Do you know someone who can -
- I'll do it !, Mingyu said.
- But, Mingyu-
- It doesn't bother me at all and Eunwoo can stay too, right ?
- Yeah ! Our dorms are not so far away from your apartment, so we can make some round trips easily.
- If you say so...
- So Y/N, it's okay with you if Mingyu and Eunwoo stay with you ?
- Yeah, I think I can endure these two, I said jokingly.
- Yah ! That's not cool !!, whined Mingyu, while I was laughing with Eunwoo.

I signed the papers, take back my things and we get back to my apartment. As we entered the apartment, I go to my bedroom to put my things in my closet until I saw it again...the broken frame, the picture of me and NCT, and the piece of glass with my dry blood on it, on my red sheets, who were used to be white before it all happened. I sighed and took the pieces of glass, making sure to not cut myself with, to bring them to the trash. I also put my sheets in my washer.
" Y/N ? ", Mingyu said.
- Yeah ?, I answered as I started the washer.
- I'm heading back to my dorm to bring some stuff here. You'll stay with Eunwoo, okay ?
- Mingyu, I'm not a kid anymore ! I can take care of myself.
- Oh so that's why we're here ?
- ...*sigh* okay you win this time...
- Don't worry ! I'll be back soon !
- Right ! Bye Mom !
- Yah !
- Hey ! You asked for it !
- ...yeah you got a point...

When Mingyu was gone, I'll join Eunwoo in the living room.
" So, what do you want to eat, Y/N ? ", he asked.
- Hum...I don't know, I'm not really hungry right now.
- But you have to eat something Y/N !! You've already lost 4 kilos in a week !
- I know..., I said while scratching my neck until I noticed something,...wait...no...no no NO !!
- What's going on Y/N ?!
- My...My necklace !!
- Your what ?
- My necklace !! I don't have it !!
- What necklace ?
- It's a pendant with a cross and a ruby ! It was a gift from my great grandmother, it's really precious for me, it's the last thing that keeps me linking me to her. I've got to find it back !!, I yelled, almost tearing up.
- Wait wait wait Y/N !! Do you remember the last time you had it on you ?
- ...let me think of it...the last time I removed was when...oh fuck...no...
- ...what ?
- ...I left it at NCT's dorm...It was during our last sleepover...I surely left it in their bathroom...I have to recover it...But how ?
- Y/N...Let's just wait until Mingyu is back and I'll go recover it while Mingyu stays here with you, okay ?
- Okay...I'll be in my room, I said while getting up.
- What are you going to do ?
- I don't know...maybe I will draw something.

I closed the door and went to my desk. I picked up the photo and kept looking at it for a few seconds...
I open one of the desk drawers, pick up a random sheet, and instead of drawing something...I started writing a goodbye letter for them...I don't even know why I'm doing this, but maybe, it will help me to get them out of my mind definitely. As I keep writing, tears started to falling down on the sheet but I keep going...I just wanna get over with it as soon as possible. When I finally finished it, I took an envelope, put the letter in it with the photo. When I heard Mingyu opening the door of the apartment, I speed up and closed the envelope.
" I'm back !! "
- What took you so long ?!
- Ugh...the others wanted to know so I told them that you were sick and that I wanted to stay at your apartment to make sure you'll be better.
- Did they believe you ?
- ...no...But I told them to no being worried.
- Well, it's my turn to go now, Eunwoo said, while putting on his jacket.
- Where are you going ?
- To NCT's dorm, Y/N has lost her great grandmother's necklace and she thinks that she left it there. So I'll go recover it.
- W-Wait Eunwoo !!, I yelled as I handed him the envelope.
- Yes ?...What's this ?
- ...You don't have to care about it, can you just...give it to them...please ?
- ...Yeah sure !
- Thanks...
When Eunwoo left the apartment, I turned back and saw Mingyu, looking at me, smiling.
- ...what ?
- ...nothing...you want to do something ?
- Hmm...what about playing video game ?
- I don't know...a scary one ?
- Why not...
- Then let's play at Outlast !
- Hum...okay...
- ...You're scared Mingyu ?!
- Me ?! No way !!
- Hmm...we'll see about that...

Jaehyun's POV:

It's been 1 week since it happened...I've never felt so empty inside...All I was able to do during this whole week was sleeping, so I could keep seeing her in my dreams, and crying...Johnny and the others tried to talk to me but I just want to be alone...I was still in my room, laying down in my bed, looking at the window blankly, my eyes still red and puffy because of all the times I cried before I heard a knock on the door.
" Jaehyun...it's me...Taeyong...can you please get out of this room and come eating with us ? "
- ...I'm not hungry...Leave me alone...
- Jaehyun, please...everyone's worried...you have to eat something-
- I said I don't want to !!
- ...*sigh*...please...do it for you...do it for us...do it for her...
As I heard this, I think about it...maybe he's right...at least, do it for her...
I slowly opened the door of my room, to face up Taeyong who was completely shocked as he saw me.
" Oh my god Jaehyun !! Look at you...you look like a zombie... "
I didn't pay attention to him and walked away to the living room, where everybody was already eating. But everyone stopped what they were doing when they saw me. They all looked at me like they've seen a ghost.
" Hi Jaehyun !...are you okay ?", asked Doyoung, even if he knows as the rest of the group that I'm not.
- ...yeah...I'll take a shower..., I said, leaving already the room.
After I finished taking my shower, I was about to dry my hair but something shiny placed on the edge of the sink intrigued me.
It was a neckclace, a silver pendant with a little cross and on the middle of the cross, there was a little ruby. I immediatly recognized this pendant. It was Y/N's. I remembered her, telling me that her great grandmother gave it to her as a souvenir from her, so she could always be with Y/N. I took it carefully, and start tearing up again because it reminds me of her...

Suddenly, the doorbell ring, making me jumped a little. I wiped away the tears and went to open the door.
It was Eunwoo, who immediately looked at me with wide-open eyes.
" Oh hum...hi Jaehyun... ", he said hesitantly.
- ...hi...hum...what are you doing here ?
- Well, Y/N has lost her great grandmother's pendant and she thinks that she left it here. Have you seen it ?
- Oh...you mean this one ?, I said, showing him the necklace.
- Yes, it's him ! Phew ! She will be relieved when I will give it to her. She was panicking and almost crying when she noticed that she doesn't have it around her neck. Thank you Jaehyun !
- Yeah...no problem...
I was almost closing the door when Eunwoo stopped.
" Oh ! Wait wait wait !! I almost forgot ! Here take this !! " , he said while giving me a little envelope.
- What is this ?
- I have no idea but...It's from Y/N...
- ...really ?
- Yeah...she asked me to give you this but I think it's for all of you since she asked me " Can you just give it to them? "
- Oh...I see...By the way...is she okay ?
- ...yeah...The hospital gave her permission to go backto her apartment but she has to stay with someone for almost 2 months so Mingyu and I decided to stay with her to keep an eye on her. But she seems to be fine now, apart from the fact that she don't want to eat...Well, I should hurry before they started getting worried...Bye !
- Bye...

I closed the door and went back to the living room, still looking at this envelope, kinda hesitant on opening it.
" Who was it ? ", Taeyong asked.
- ...It was Eunwoo...He came here to take back the pendant Y/N has left here.
- Oh okay...and what's this ?, he said, pointing at the envelope.
- I don't know...Apparently, it's from Y/N...and it's for all of us...
- ...Does someone want to open it ?
- I'll do it, Jaemin said, taking the envelope.
He opened it and takes out a picture. I took it and looked at it...It was a picture of everybody who was laughing...with her...I put it on the table, so the others can also see the picture.
Jaemin also takes out a folded sheet.
" What's this ? ", I asked while he opened it.
- It seems like it's a letter...Should I read it ?
- ...Go ahead...