01101100

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"what?" she stood up, jisung also straightening his back.

"t-there...a d-dead body...i think it's one of the butlers" the woman breathed, clearly traumatised by it all. jisung swung his feet over the edge, curious to see what had actually happened.

"if you can rip those wires off your arm, you can go" she patted him in the head "good luck"

"yah-"

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

in front of her, was a body sprawled in a pool of blood, his body limp. the smell of the metallic blood swam in the air, everyone backing out at the horrific sight. aeri didn't back out, she was one for blood, having seen it almost every day of her life.

a jacket was thrown on top of the body, despite the butler on the floor never even possessing such jacket, it was there, thrown so carelessly onto the crimson liquid.

"check the cameras" she directed them, but they only bowed in apology "they've been smashed miss"

"check the memory card you idiots" she was baffled at their stupidity. they scurried away, leaving aeri with a puddle of blood and a deceased body.

"princess!" the reporter scrambled down the stairs, running at her and immediately halting at the blood. colour drained out of his face and he seemed to be loss of words, and that was saying a lot

"what time did you come here" she leant her weight on one leg, her eyes lazily scanning through remnants of the crime scene

"uh...9:30pm?" inho scratched his head "i don't really remember"

"9:30?" she looked at him, letting her eyes pierced into his similarly brown ones. his was naive, hers was not.

"i didn't look at the time when i entered..."

her eyes then trailed to his beige hat sitting comfortably upon his nest of her. her expression didn't falter, instead slowly drift upwards. placing a hand on the brim of the hat, she took it off him. inho was caught off guard, and impulsively leant forward to grab it but aeri was quick to dodge

"it's a nice hat" her fingers ran over the fabric, stopping when she noticed a stain

"aeri...could you give it back?" inho went to grab it again, and she spun around, hat between her fingers as she playfully teased him

"you arrived at 9:30, correct?" she held the hat towards the roof, the candles of the chandelier casting a misty shadow between the hat and her fair, dough like skin

"i think so..." he tapped her arm "could i have my hat back?"

she let her eyes drop to him again, hat placed nicely back on his head.

"children shouldn't be playing with fire" she touched his chin "you'll only burn yourself"

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"who was it?" jisung asked persistently after successfully being able to persuade aeri to let him leave the damned bed he had been on for the past two weeks.

"shh" she placed a finger on his lips, silencing within a second. her eyes twinkled, smile sinister and her hair trailing behind her like it always had. it was like long ribbons of atramentous velvet, weaving to create the darkness of blacks.

"inhu came at 9:30" she directed the mouse to the files of security camera footage. double clicking it, it came up and as expected, inho came in through the big doors at 9:34

"notice how the footage from 9:10 to 9:25 is missing" indeed, there were no footage for those specific times.

"so it's not that kid" jisung learn against the table, eyes joining hers in analysing the computer screen

"as the evidence states, the crime was committed in that 15 minute time frame, and for that person to get untainted, was an achievement. possible yes, but very unlikely" she trailed her mouse to the following file, which was one that showed inho walking down the isle to enter the ward

"inho claimed he came at 9:30" she pulled up the footage of inho entering the building "look at the door, it never opened. in fact, inho never entered through the main door. he went through the side one, so there was no way the main camera could have captured him anyways"

"that doesn't make much sense. did he kill someone and then do a loop around to appear in the security cameras? what's even the point to appear in the security cameras when he's already dodged the main camera?"

"the maids were either sleeping or helping mother, which is on the other side of the castle" she stated, quite factually "he was alone, and he killed the butler who opened the door for him"

"hold on, you're telling me that kid went into the castle, killed the butler and intentionally went in to security camera view after it happened to avoid suspicion?"

"he was smart. he took his hat off when he appeared in the main camera, shielding himself with a jacket and doing what he needed to do. but then he also made himself appear on the side camera instead of the main one, or else both him and the crime scene would've been showed." she chuckled "and he had a blood stain on his hat. rookie move" she tapped the table

"ok ok ok, you this is kind of hard to believe. him? out of all people? heck, it would be more believable if i killed someone rather than that wimp"

"the most innocent smiles hold the most guilt" she stood up "he killed one of the few males in this castle. what a pity"

"that has nothing to do with what happened"

she rolled her eyes

"it's probably his first time committing a crime"

"tell me why i'm not surprise that you are literally analysing his murder"

"i havent murdered anyone" she put her finger up "oh wait, i've stabbed someone with a syringe"

"you stabbed two people with a syringe"

"the other one didn't die did he now?" she glanced at the live security footage, watching as inho paced around the main hall while the others quickly cleared out the mess.

"we gotta report him" jisung hopped off the table, ready to copy the security footage off the computer

"no" her smirks always meant something was brewing in her head "i want to see his intention"

"i mean he very obviously has a crush on you, what else is there to it?"

"trust me, if that was a girl opening the door, he wouldn't kill her" she glanced up to jisung "i just want to confirm his target"

"this ain't no yandere simulator"

"you won't be saying that when you're next"

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

short chapter but i want deaths wish to get a move on for the purpose of dysthmia