01101100

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"where did she go?" jisung kicked his feet, playing games on his phone endlessly. it was until he saw the flashing lights of the monitor, that he realised something was wrong. picking it up carefully, he narrowed his eyes at it. there was very clearly a pattern to it, but he wasn't sure what it was trying to convey

"do you know morse code?"

he switched his phone screen to the morse code tab, to be completely honest, yes he was studying it while she was gone. it had been hours since she had left, and the thought was bugging him.

well, he thought.

he hesitated for a moment, before bolting to grab a pen, jotting down the pattern with lines and dots. he would say he didn't give two damns, but his heart seemed to be beating with this adrenaline. sweat subconsciously rolled down his forehead, hands clamming together as he wrote the code messily on his hand.

"i shouldnt have left her" he cursed, noticing the long pause between, signalling that the sentence was over.

"what are you doing? morse code?" chenle came to take a seat next to him, phone held horizontally in gesture of playing a game.

"aeri's gone" his eyes flew from his screen to his hand, ragged breaths flying out of his lips.

"i can tell she's not weak, in fact, she probably knows how to fight more than you" he whistled casually, winning a game on his phone.

"it's not that. i'm not worried that she might get killed, i'm worried that she's going to kill someone" his writing was so messy on his hands that it would be a miracle if anyone could understand it

chenle laughed; there was something he admired about their connection. they were so different, yet shared similarities that no one would've expected. the dreamers would say they were soulmates, but to me and my companions, they were enemies that simply adapted.

"do you have your car with you?" he asked, standing up and grabbing the monitor with him

"you're not driving" he deadpanned, following jisung's actions as they strode down the alleyway.

"well you're not either" he gestured at his hands "give me the keys"

the boys fought for the key, the metal ultimately ending up in jisung's ownership.

aeri please, sing through the song before you act

please remember my words

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

aeri struggled against the grip, begging jisung to hurry up and come before she dies of frost bite instead of water. she was trembling, her body failing her with the lack of heat. but her face sat ever so still in front of her dear father, so dear to the point she wanted to mark his heart with a pen.

her monsters were raging against their cage, thrashing and throwing themselves against the iron bars, gnawing and growling to get out. she needed to contain them; they took over her if they were to ever be let out.

"sign the papers aeri, then you can get out" a puff of smoke dwindled into the atmosphere, barely mixing with the grey of the background. she was in all honesty, much like her dad. she lost control at things she desires and grows unhealthy habits for the likelihood of pleasure. but with the addition of her mother, she was just a unconstrained beast.