awaits you

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
A couple days later_

the sky was bright; a clear blue. clouds invaded it along with the my friend as i fell into my own slumber.

the atmosphere didn't seem any lighter than it had few days back. tears were still being shed, and jisung's heart seemed to no longer want to beat. he had begun looking dull, losing all colour in his eyes

chenle had been informed about what happened, and he gave his sympathies to jisung. they sat around a table, facing inho who was still clueless of what had happened. he was a reporter, yet he watched little news

in between the days aeri had disappeared and the present day, inho had been nonstop knowing on their door, and going as far as climbing up their balcony. it wasn't a sweet action, it was rather obsessive.

"what happened?" he asked, jisung taking a deep breath before he dead panned "she died"

chenle rose his eyebrow, looking at jisung in shock. they were originally just going to tell the truth, but jisung seemed to have a different idea

"what?" inho shot up "who?! when?! what the hell!?"

there was silence for a bit

"i shot her" chenle stated, jisung gripping onto his mug even tighter. he knew why chenle said what he said, and he owed him his life for that. inho seemed to have a moments of disbelief, before he pounced at chenle. his grasped chenle's collar yet chenle did not fight back.

"what the fuck!? what is wrong with you! why would you kill aeri out of all people! you fucking bas-"

jisung shot up, breaking the two apart as he quickly dragged chenle out the door, leaving inho inside the cafe

"you need to explain what's going on" chenle demanded

"you saw him chenle. he didn't even ask why you killed her, he just went impulsively to come attack you. i saw the fear behind her eyes when she kept mentioning how inho was endlessly stalking her, making her uncomfortable. i saw behind those snarky remarks and confident irises" jisung tried to steady his breathing. whenever she was brought up, he felt his world crashing down on him "if inho finds out she's alive, he's going to hunt her down, hurt her more than she's already hurt. she's fragile now, and one touch could ruin her"

"to everyone, she's dead. okay?" he looked chenle straight in the eye "that's the only way i'm going to protect her while she fights alone in the war zone"

"you can only lie so much"

"if anyone finds out she's alive, there will be a search party for her. if someone finds her, they'll find out about hansol death when i should be the one behind bars. i created this mess, and i'm going to fix it" jisung was almost begging "please, once i find her, this can all go to rest."

"look, they can easily find her fingerprint off hansols body"

"i don't know what happened but there was this girl that i briefly saw yesterday...i don't know who she is but as far as i know, she burnt the body. they can't get fingerprints off a burnt body" jisung explained "just do this for me, i need this"

another mystery yet to be uncovered. a girl, a girl that left a scream at the stadium but did not report. a girl that took the effort to go back and burn the body