00100000

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"slow it down jisung, you're rushing again. be realistic in your expectations, you won't be able to do a smooth enough drift to avoid destroying your car" she spoke in the ear piece, leg propped up against the audience stalls as she drove the drone around.

his voice came in statically, but she could tell he was finally listening to her tips. he was getting better every time they had a practice drive, and it was satisfying to watch jisung break out of his ego. they had the semi-finals coming up, and the only reason jisung actually managed to get into semi finals was getting boosted by that charity win and chenle taking over for him in certain rounds.

he wasn't ready, but aeri was doing what she can do help jisung. though, she also had semi-finals coming up, yet she didn't train a single bit for a competition as important as that.

"the corner is coming too fast, if i don't at least attempt a drift i'll crash"

"then break. apply pressure to the break pedal bit by bit till you've almost stopped, and quickly spin your wheel." she replied, eyes fixed on the screen. jisung did try to do that, but if wasnt executed quite how she had expected it. he broke too quickly, and almost caused himself to fling against the metal railing.

"park jisung i told you you weren't ready for that course. come back right now before i drive my drone into your window and terminate another one of your cars"

that threat was enough for him to stop completely, and u-turn back to the starting position. he hasn't gone very far, but at least he was listening to her.

she sighed when she saw him pull up at the starting line, dropping the drone controller and ripping the earpiece out of her ear. jisung slid out of his car with a glum look, pulling the helmet from his hair and letting beads of sweat soak up in his hair

"get back in the car" she ordered, sliding into the passengers seat herself. jisung hissed at her, but abided anyways.

"you're going to drive this at 40mph" she turned the gear shift for him

"what?" he scoffed "i street race, and you know what word is in street race? race. no i'm not going to drive this at 40mph!"

"do it" she only had to give him one look, for him to press down on the pedal, and edge along the road at a pace definitely not suited for street racing. he got faster after two minutes or so, and like a coach, she whacked him on the hand everytime he did. it was so slow that the least someone would expect is for a young male to be situated in the car.

"you're speeding up again" she commented, gesturing at the speed dial. she earned another groan in return as he slowed down, and continued to drive on the course. the next couple of hours consisted of jisung getting whacked to the point his hand was entirely red and his patience running at a mere 0.

it was so slow, and they had finally rolled across the finish line at 2 hours 30 minutes of driving one lap of the course. the course was hard no doubt, but driving it at 40
mph for a street racer was ridiculous.

"aer-" he turned to face her, to see her head rocking around, tempting to be leant against the window pane as she slept soundly through that slow car ride.

"that was just an excuse to sleep right" he smiled, baffled. quietly unclipping his seat belt and pulling the helmet from his head, he leant over to unclip hers too, sliding it from entrapping her body.

"if only you were always this quiet" he leant against his seat, scrutinising her figure with awe as the sun rose from the car window, splashing the sky with the fascinating paints of orange, yellow and dashes of pink. i sunk down from my position, and got ready for bed, leaving my night blanket to fall into a slumber of my own.