01101100

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

aeri held the bell in her hand, twinkling and knocking it from side to side like a child stripped of her childhood.

"why'd you have this?" she rung it again, her smile widening despite the weight of this situation.

"i kept it around with me, it's a popular toy among the elderly back at the care centre" he stated plainly, eyes fixed on the door opposite the inside lay yuns mother, and yun frantically pacing from left to right. by logic, her mother shouldn't have died so suddenly. according to yun, her mother was only diagnosed with stage one of her illness, and still had several more stages till she fully went into a life threatening condition.

this was odd, and as much as they wanted to believe lies, evidence always is the honest one.

there was a slight switch in her mind, her eyes trailing over to jisung who sat on the metal seat, fuelled with boredom.

she then shifted her head to the corner of the alleyway, her phone clutched tightly in her hand. pressing her finger on a contact on her phone, she brought it to her ear to let the ringing symphonies drown out the footsteps and ambience of the hospital.

then she heard a ring from across the room, followed by the hanging up of a phone. she dropped her hand, eyes narrowed at the shadow that just slipped around the corner.

"jisung" she said, blankly "do you know morse code"

"are you drunk" he rose his head, narrowing it to watch her stiff figure, her back towards him

"learn it" she nodded, not even sparing him another glance, and striding down the alleyway.

"wait where are you going?" jisung stood up again, eyebrows raised. she was so spontaneous and this wasn't the first time she had randomly walked out on him

aeri turned a corner, eyes locked on the person who was hurriedly walking down the polished floor, hand on the top of his cap as he angled his head down. she sped up, and so did he, and they were in a chase of tom and jerry.

the big glass doors were pushed open, and the body had turned yet another corner. aeri paused, eyes ahead. there was one second of hesitance, before she swung around and pierced the air with her pen. the man caught her wrist, and the irises she faced was a familiar pair: wu inho.

"sorry princess"

and her pen clattered to the floor

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

the rushing of water mixed in with the echoes of footstep, filling the hollow room with an aura of melancholy. the ice touch of metal scraped her skin, the similarly cold water she bathed in sticking her clothes to her skin.

"sign it aeri"

it was the voice of her father.

she smirked, bundles of hair decorating her face "if you think trapping me in this shit of a drowning machine then think twice, because death is something that i don't fear"

"i know you better than anyone else" her father took a step closer to her, kneeling down to level their gaze "you're a lunatic"

"a lunatic feeds off money" she kicked the water, droplets spitting on his face "like you"

"let me have guardianship over you again" he tapped his pen on the paper again "i'll give you ten minutes. the waters hungry too"

she looked at the sheet, and dunked it in the water without a second thought. as much as her hatred for her mother was still very much there, it seems as though she'd still do anything to do the opposite of what her father says, like she's done for the past couple years of left when he left.