Chapter 9: Fan Girls

Aoba Johsai POV

"I never knew you to be so studious" Oikawa said walking up to Hinata, they had just finished with practice

"I'm not really, but I have been working on doing better in school." Hinata said, glancing up at him and then around the gym before returning back to his work.

"Do you need help with anything?" Oikawa sat and then looked over at his work, cringing at all the wrong answers on his math sheet

"No thanks...." Hinata said frowning at yet another problem he didn't understand

"Really you could have fooled me" Iwaizumi said laughing a bit, he had come up to walk with them, but having heard their conversation and looking at Hinata's work he couldn't help but interject "You know Shittykawa here is actually really good at math..."

"I'm fine on my own"

"All those are wrong." Oikawa said flatly

"Whatever, can we go?" Hinata huffed as he hurriedly stuffed his work in his bag

"Sure......" Oikawa sighed

"Why don't we all study together when we get there." Iwaizumi suggested

"N-" Hinata started as he glared at Iwaizumi but got cut off

"Great sounds like a plan" Oikawa said smiling, causing Hinata to huff and stomp ahead a bit

The team, having watched the encounter from a distance, laughed. Though they hoped Hinata would be able to forgive Oikawa in time, right now they were enjoying seeing Oikawa trip over himself while running after Hinata. They had thought the spectacle was over when the three reached the door, but to their happy delight it wasn't. As Oikawa walked out, he was greeted by his fanclub, all screaming and rushing over to him.

"Oikawa-san!" one screeached as she saw him exit the gym,

"Oikawa-san how are you? How was volleyball!?!" Another screamed

"Oikawa-san, please accept these, I made them just for you!" said yet another girl

The group of admires swarmed the three. Iwaizumi, who was used to this happening, was unfazed as Oikawa quickly and swiftly greeted and charmed his fans. Hinata on the other hand wasn't as amused, he frowned at the girls rushing at them, and his frown grew more when they started screaming and trying to get Oikawa's attention. Oikawa didn't seem to notice Hinata's unhappiness, or the fact that he slipped through the crowd and left them all behind.

"Oi Oikawa where's Hinata?!" Iwaizumi asked noticing Hinata's absent first

"Shouyou's right he-" Oikawa started, turning to point at Hinata only to find him missing, instantly he started to panic "Shouyou!" He yelled spinning around trying to find him

"Hinata!" Iwaizumi called, pushing through the small crowd and grabbing Oikawa before dragging him away

"Has anyone seen Shouyou?" Oikawa yelled towards the team, alerting them to his absence, they instantly shot to attention and joined the search

"Who's Shouyou?" They heard one of the girls ask another

"I think it was that little orange haired guy he was walking with" the other said

"Have you seen him?" Oikawa asked and the girls squealed at being addressed

"Did you see where he went?" Iwaizumi said as he joined them

"He walked towards the front of the school I think...." The second girl said quietly

Oikawa and Iwaizumi were off, both sprinting in the direction of Oikawa's house, it was the only place he could go right? The team ran slightly behind them, For the second time today worried about the ginger. They were only a block away from the school when they found him, he was steadily walking towards Oikawa's house.

"Shouyou!" Oikawa called, Hinata turned and was about to say something when Oikawa barreled into him with a hug "What were you thinking!?!"

"I was just going back to your house," Hinata said, frowning and trying to pull away but Oikawa wouldn't let him, "Will you let go?" Hinata asked but was ignored

"Hinata you can't go running off like that....." Iwaizumi said sighing

"I didn't go running off, I was just-"

"What if what happened earlier happened again!" Oikawa said, pushing him to arms length "I don't think either of us want that happening again."

"I'm sorry I worried you, but I just was leaving for the day." Hinata said, pushing Oikawa's grip off him "And you can't expect me not to walk around alone, I'm my own person."

"But your an-" Oikawa was about to say he needed to be with someone since he was an omega

"Just because I'm an omega doesn't mean I need a babysitter." Hinata growled "I can take care of myself."

"Of course you can." Iwaizumi interjected before Oikawa could say anything else "I think we all just got a little worried about what happened earlier, but your right."

"Yeah....." Oikawa agreed reluctantly after seeing Iwaizumi's glare

"Why don't we all head home now." Iwaizumi said to the rest or the team, so after a few quick goodbyes everyone went their separate ways.

Hinata POV

When we reached the door to leave we were met with a loud group of girls, all screaming and staring starry eyed at Oikawa. His fangirls. I instantly recognized them from when we had our practice match and from interhigh. It wasn't surprising that if they showed up to his practice games and matches that they would also show up to practice. However what was surprising was that I was bothered by it. Them screaming his name and chattering for his affection, and Oikawa grinning at them with his signature smirk, I found it really annoying. What was even more annoying was how they instantly crowded us, pushing and shoving each other trying to get close.

Having had enough of it, I easily slipped through the crowd, trying to ignore the fact that my chest hurt for some odd reason, as I cast one glance back at them and then started walking back to Oikawa's. I wasn't surprised that no one noticed that I left, after all Oikawa was entertaining his fans....... Why did that hurt so much? I hated Oikawa for what he had done, but I didn't like that he was giving others special attention, I know it's just the bond but it's so aggravating. As I walked I tried to sort this out, until I was jolted out of my thoughts by Oikawa yelling my name, I was just about to turn and tell him not to call me that when he ran up and pulled me into a tight hug.

"What were you thinking!?!" He yelled in my ear as he tightened his hold on me

"I was just going back to your house," I said, frowning as I tried and failed to push him away "Will you let go?" I asked but was ignored

"Hinata you can't go running off like that....." Iwaizumi said sighing

"I didn't go running off, I was just-"

"What if what happened earlier happened again!" Oikawa said, holding me at arms length "I don't think either of us want that happening again."

"I'm sorry I worried you, but I just was leaving for the day." I said as I finally managed to pull from his grip "And you can't expect me not to walk around alone, I'm my own person."

"But your an-" Oikawa started, probably to say I needed protecting since I was an omega, which really pissed me off

"Just because I'm an omega doesn't mean I need a babysitter." I growled "I can take care of myself."

"Of course you can." Iwaizumi interjected before Oikawa could say anything else "I think we all just got a little worried about what happened earlier, but your right."

"Yeah....." Oikawa agreed reluctantly, probably because Iwaizumi was glaring at him

"Why don't we all head home now." Iwaizumi said to the rest or the team, who had been standing a short distance away as they observed us, so after a few quick goodbyes everyone went their separate ways.