Chapter 16: Mixed Emotions

I froze at Oikawa's words, he was sorry.....I never thought he'd say that, that he would never apologize for mating with me......I didn't know what to do, the emotions I had just got to die down, shot right back up. Anger, sadness, happyness, loss, pain, joy, fulfilment, and so many more. I wanted to cry again, but I also didn't. I sat there shocked and at a loss for words. He was saying he was sorry, he knew that I wouldn't be able to forgive him, but what did I do know. I've been hating Oikawa for what he did, and now he was apologising. I opened my mouth multiple times, trying and failing to say anything.....

"You don't need to say anything." Oikawa said, running his fingers through my hair "I wanted you to know, but I don't expect you to say anything."

I could only nod. My confusion was too much, I went round and round trying to figure this out, but only came up blank.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but you guys should probably get up now." I jumped at Iwaizumi's voice, turning I saw him standing just inside the door

"Is it time for practice already?" Oikawa asked, and after getting a nod he focused back on me "Come on Shouyou time to go."

I nodded and stood up, feeling slightly unstead, but Oikawa reached out and grabbed my arm to stabilize me. Then we headed towards the gym, now that i'm paying attention I realized we were in the nurse office. Considering how much I was crying earlier I'm not surprised I didn't notice....I wonder if Iwaizumi had been there the whole time....no probably not. Maybe I should ask him..... No. I can't do that! What was I thinking, he would of course be all for Oikawa, right? Sighing I followed them to the gym, and once there immediately went to go do my homework. Kunimi, to my surprise, had taken extra notes to give to me. I was thankful for them because I then acted like I was studying them, however really I wasn't able to focus on them at all.....

Iwaizumi POV

Hinata had been acting weird all practice, he was fidgety, and nervous. And though it may seem like he was studying, when you looked close you could tell he wasn't. Sighing I waited for everyone to head to change before approaching him. He didn't even notice me as I walked or, or as I sat down next to him, instead he was staring intently at a spot on the floor like it held all the answers he needed.

"Hinata?" I asked and he jumped, didn't mean to scare him....

"Iwaizumi! Uh, um...whats up?" He asked

"That's what I was wondering, you seemed like you had a lot on your mind."

"Oh uh not really....." Hinata lied, I raised an eyebrow and he sighed "Was it that obvious?"

"No, I don't think anyone else noticed." He nodded and sighed again, "What's wrong?"

"Um well....Oikawa apologised..." He said

"Well that's good, what he did at lunch was wrong." I was happy I wouldn't have to hit him till he apologized this time...

"Not about that..." Hinata said turning slightly red and shaking his head "...I mean he did apologise about that but also...."

"Also?" What else had Shittykawa done wrong?

"....he apologised about becoming my mate...." Hinata whispered, I was shocked.

Oikawa apologised about becoming his mate, did that mean he realized he was wrong? He had to apologize. But he didn't say anything about it......normally he would tell me these things. Could he have been lying when he apologized, I didn't think he would do that. So he must have been actually sorry, I wonder what brought this on. And Hinata, what is he thinking. It must be alot, he was spacing out about this during practice, he must be having a hard time figuring it out.....

"That's a good thing right, that he apologised?"

"I'm not....i don't know what to think..." Hinata sighed again, I could now smell the anxiety and other emotions following off him, he was a wreck. "I don't..."

"It's okay not to know." I said patting his back "Just take your time and let it sink in, then you can process through it, but there's no rush, take all the time you need." He nodded

Our conversation was cut short by Oikawa rushing out of the locker room. He seemed panicked.... I wasn't sure why till he came running over to us and knelt down in front of Hinata, he must of felt how jumbled up Hinata is feeling

"Shouyou what's wrong?" Oikawa said, placing one hand on Hinata's knee and the other on his check to guide him to look at him.

"Uh nothing...we were just talking..." Hinata said looking away from Oikawa

"Oh okay...." Oikawa said frowning and then shot me a glance

Well someone's protective..... He's been acting strange recently and now the change in attitude about what he did, how interesting. I wonder if other things have been changing, and if he's noticed or just been blindly acting. And had Hinata changed too, I haven't noticed any big changes since he came, but with Oikawa apologizing...... I wonder what will happen.