Chapter 13: A Date

Aoba Johsai POV

"So what's up with you and Hinata?" Matsukawa asked as Oikawa walked into the locker room for afternoon practice, the whole team had been dying to get answers all day

"Hey to you too." Oikawa said ignoring the question, but the others crossed their arms unhappily

"Spit it out Shittykawa." Iwaizumi said and Oikawa sighed in defeat

"Yesterday Shouyou had a doctor appointment, and she expressed her concerns over us not sharing a bed a-" Oikawa was saying but was cut off

"Oh so you and Hinata are sleeping together now?" Hanamaki said grinning

"No! We are not sleeping together!" Oikawa yelled a slight blush appearing and his teammates grinned "If you had let me finish I would have explained that she gave us an alternative on how much touch me and Shouyou actually needed to do, so we are both trying to see if it will work." Oikawa finished feeling very flustered

"Weren't you doing touch before?" Kunimi asked

"Yes but barely any at all, the amount of touch we need to do is ridiculous, but if we dont we will end up putting a lot of mental and physical strain on us."

"Like what?" Iwaizumi asked now slightly concerned

"There's a whole list of side effects if we don't do enough, ranging from extreme fatigue to extreme headaches and nausea, so basically if we don't comply we get really sick. Which is why Shouyou agreed to try......"

"Good thing you're going on a date tomorrow, then you can do alot of touch." Yahaba teased

"Date!?!" Oikawa yelped in shock, he didn't think it was a date

"What else would it be?" Watari asked

And like that they all left a very distraught Oikawa in the locker room, laughing at his obliviousness along the way.

-Saturday-

Oikawa POV

I was panicking, last night I barely slept, anxious over what was now mine and Shouyou's date. Because after thinking about it, it was a date, we were going to spend all day alone at the mall, shopping and going to get something to eat...... I've been on dates before, hundreds with my fanclub members, but this was different. I was nervous, and agitated, and excited...... I checked myself in the mirror three times before we left the house, and even now as we walk into the mall, I'm checking every reflected surface to make sure I look alright.

"So where do you want to go first?" I ask, thanking whatever God that my voice didn't let off how nervous I was

"We can go wherever you want..." Shouyou said, he's been sheepish all day.....

Nodding, I lead the way to a home goods store, we came to get things for his room anyways, might as well start there.Grabbing a basket, I then lead him down the aisles, our joined hands swinging lightly between us, I looked for anything I thought he might like. Though I realized I don't know that much about him.......

"Say Shouyou....." I said, getting a hum in response as my only answer, "What kind of stuff do you like?"

"I like volleyball." He said and I rolled my eyes

"I already knew that" I said laughing, he turned red realizing how silly he sounded

"Right...uh I like uh....." He said coming up blank,

"Why not let me know if you see anything you like, okay?" I asked and smiled when he said okay, I really should have just taken him to a sporting goods store......

As we walked we came across the bedding section and I stopped, looking over the vast amount of options....I glanced sideways and see Shouyou had picked up a package. Looking over his shoulder I saw that it was a blanket with a volleyball pattern on it, typical I thought laughing a bit. He was about to put it back when I took it from him.

"Hey...!" He said as I snached the blanket and dropped it in the basket

"You like it right?" I asked and he nodded "Great lets pick out a few more and some pillows.

"I really don't need it though." He said trying to convince me, but I just ignored it and went back to looking at blankets, he sighed

By the time we went to the check out we had a total of four blankets and three pillows, Shouyou had insisted it was too much, but I wanted him to have all the bedding he needed. From there we wandered the mall, collecting other things for his room. A few posters, another blanket (much to his protest), and we found these cool strands of volleyball lights to hang up....

It was late afternoon when we decided to go eat. Shouyou waited by the bags as I got our food, coming back and sitting across from him, I was happy to find his smile was back, though maybe a bit different. We ate and talked, and I found out more about him. We were just ready to leave and head home when he stopped me.

"So um..." Shouyou said turning red, and then holding out a bag to me "I uh got you this.....as a thank you for today and for the stuff for my room...." I was shocked

"Shouyou you didn't have to do that, I wanted to make you more comfortable." I said extremely touched by the gesture

"I know and I wanted to give you something in return.......so um here...."

Opening it I found the most adorable alien figuren, it was the only one from the set I had that I was missing....... I felt so appreciative for it, so I lept around the table and hugged him tightly. He had done this for me....maybe he had started to hate me less...

"This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever given me, thank you." I said pulling back and looking him in the eyes, he was as red as a tomato. "Thank you so much" I said kissing his check

"Thank you too..." He said looking toward the ground

Hinata POV

I was feeling a mix of emotions as we walked through the mall, they all swirled around me and fought for dominance but none could win. I was of course still angry at Oikawa and sad at the changes in my life. But I also felt happy, though the why was hard to place.... Then there was my embarrassment, over walking around with Oikawa holding my hand, about how he fretted over me. Which led to a slight bit of annoyance, but also the feeling of being cared for.....Not to mention others I wasn't sure how to put into words or describe....

As we walked through one of the stores I noticed some alien figurines, they looked similar to the ones Oikawa had so I slipped away. Noticing he had all but one, I decided to buy it for him, as a thank you for today and fretting over my comfort.

"So um..." I started, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment..."I uh got you this.....as a thank you for today and for the stuff for my room...." I said holding the bag out for him

"Shouyou you didn't have to do that, I wanted to make you more comfortable." He said, there was this soft look on his face, one I hadn't seen before

"I know and I wanted to give you something in return.......so um here...."

He opened it and gasped slightly, then he was leaping around the table and hugging me. I found it nice, warm and safe in his arms.... Upon thinking this my embarrassment level rose more, and I'm now sure I looked extremely red.....

"This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever given me, thank you." He said pulling back and looking me in the eyes "Thank you so much" he finished before kissing my cheek

"Thank you too..." I managed weekly before averting my eyes to the ground.

"Come on Shouyou, let's go home." He said laughing and taking my hand, we grabbed our bags then left.

After we got back I added all the pillows and blankets to my nest, then he helped me hang the posters and lights. The room looked really different after we were done, more home like, and it felt different too.