First night

Prologue.
Authors. P.O.V
San Carlos Hospital. Home for the incurable disease. Mostly patient can survive and mostly don't.

Room 204. Patient name Maria Angelica Hailey. Case; an infected patient  from unknown virus. It can infect other patient but can't infect to non patient. Curable?; Still observing.

The patient waited the vaccine to come out. Her family hoping for a fast recovery. But!...the doctors canceled it.

"Sorry..patient number 204 was included to the list of incurable diseases and announces by the doctor to stop the oxygen and heartbeat monitor. Your authorized for this was important. You need to sign the document for the agreement." The assigned doctor for patients 204 explained while handing the documents to her mother. The mother of the patient stare for awhile to the doctor before looking at the papers. She reads all the words written on it then shake her heads furiously then she cried hard after reading it.

"Doc...please give my child another chance.. She's been fighting for almost six years. Please." A mother beg  so hard.

"I know Mrs. Hailey but that was exactly the reason why we need to shut all the patient need for her to survive." The doctor pauses and continue. " Ma'am if we won't stop the monitor your child would stay in this room forever. And look many patients are waiting to use this room for there own treatment."

"But she is not dead!" A mother cannot control her anger as she shouted the doctor. The doctor feel sorry for it but what he can do? Nothing!

"I'm sorry but our hospital are for those sickness was incurable and only fifty percent was the given chances for all of them. If he or she had no chance if surviving we will cancel the operation." The doctor bowed his head disappointedly.

"But she is improving!" A mother pushes her rights. Though it is clearly impossible.

"It's been five years since you admitted her in the hospital. And yet she is still there.. lying. No clue if she would alive or not. I'm sorry Mrs. Hailey but we can never give you all the favor you need right now!"  The doctor can't control his anger as he keep pointing his reasons...and he was right, after all.

The doctor stare at the crying mother who sat on a little chair provided by the hospital. Though in there town their family was the most known business family in their place but their were times that they would experience some traumatic events and emotional situations.

The doctor thought for awhile before he told the lady. "I'm sorry...your child time of death is two thirty in the morning. Condolence." the whole room turn into silent as all the machines that uses for the patient monitoring including the oxygen has been turn off. You can see the patient shaking her body while holding the blanket with her hands. Her nails dig deeper into the soft blanket and slowly back into normal. Her mother just stare at her not knowing what to do.

One last thing happened was the patient suddenly open her eyes wide with his mouth blow a raspy breath then turn her heads to where her mother sat. Who just keep crying in silent. There eyes met while the patient gave her mother a one last smile before he close her eyes. Then everything was silent.

After a long silent.

The whole room echoed by the sobs of a hopeful mother. Hoping that they could have another year in the hospital. Even if she would expose all her money for hospital bills but there were no cure.

It had been passed by generation to generation about the case of Maria Angelica Hailey on their town. That the only girl in the family has been rip off because of the unreasonable causes that only their family had known.

It was on 1977 when the doctors and some medicine expertise doesn't know the cure and had been discovered late since Hailey died on 1982 April 22. The vaccine was out on May 22, 1982.

After the family heard the discovery of the vaccine they want their child back at the hospital to be cured but the hospital wouldn't allowed since it's been buried for one month since the time of funeral.

They insisted that their child was not dead that she is just waited for the vaccine to come out but it won't work cause it was against by the hospital law. Their family find a way just to let the doctor agreed with them to the point that they had been into planning for digging the coffin and let the body out. 

It happened any way, since the doctor advised the family that if they want to see Angelic as a whole even if she look like a mannequin, lifeless. They would freeze her body on that they can see her at least.

Every night they would visit Angelic to her room that now was a freezing room. Only the family members are allowed and only the family member who'd know where her room is.

Except.

The old lady who are obliged to changed her clothes everyday including her undergarments. She wouldn't mine though, since she is now old and she need it for a living.

One night, when the family members decided for a big party for their another success in business. The old lady had been assigned to guard the freezing room to any intruders.

The events continued till twelve midnight and turned to one. An old lady decided to take a rest for awhile since she was so tired for her jobs in the mansion.

Suddenly, she heard someone screaming. The old woman keep her tracks to the voices while she keep on turning her heads from the left hallway then to the right hallway.

"Why did they decide to put her body in the middle of the two hallway?" The old woman complained to herself since no one was here with her.

Another scream was heard but this time she chose to open the door on where she was guarding. The door was made of steel and it was impossible for the intruders to go inside without a couple of keys. When she was trying to find the keys on her pocket she couldn't find it. She decided to go and check if she left the key there.

While she was in the middle of the two hallway Infront of a big staircase she noticed someone following her. When she look at her back she found nothing.