CHAPTER 6

"Look, I'm sorry!"

"The damage is already done Draco"

"I said some things I didn't mean and I shouldn't have, please let me make it up to you"

"How?" I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest.

He thought for a few seconds.

"I'll drop you to work today, and if I see the Weasleys, I'll be civil" 

That was a pathetic way of making up for the fight we had had last night but I decided to give him a second chance.

"Fine" I sighed.

We disapparated from my living room to Diagon Alley and walked to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. I knew how much the Weasleys and the Malfoys detested each other but maybe they'd put their differences aside?

I opened the door to see Ron behind the counter who grinned and waved at me. George heard me enter and ran down the stairs, grinning at me too, I liked the sudden change in his behaviour. But as soon as they saw Draco enter behind me, the smiles from their faces vanished.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" Ron clutched the edge of the counter with his hands,

"Need some potion to fix that nasty wig of yours?" George eyed his hair. I could almost hear the anger radiating from Draco but he chose not to let it out. Or at least he tried. 

"Shut up Weasley, I'm only here for her" said Draco, looking at me.

A confused look formed on George's face.

"For her? What do you mean?" he asked.

"So you haven't even told him?" asked Draco to me, to which I shook my head.

"She's my girlfriend Weasley" he said possessively. I don't know why but I didn't want him to say that out loud.

George's eyes widened and he looked at Ron, the both of them immediately burst into laughter.

"Your girlfriend? That's impossible! Why Evie would never date-" George saw the look that I was giving him.

"Wait, you're really dating him?"

"I am"

"You're dating Draco Malfoy?"

"Yes George, I am" I sighed, walking further into the shop to start working. Draco shoved his hands in his pockets and took a good look around. George stared at us, baffled.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I-I just didn't know you were dating him. Since when?"

"In my seventh year, a bit more than two years it's been since then" I said, emptying the newest products from the box.

I turned around to see Draco standing behind me, trying to listen in to mine and George's conversation.

"You can go if you don't want to stay here any longer" I said.

He walked close, wrapped his arms around my waist and leant in to kiss me. I don't think he would've liked it if I pulled away but it was a bit awkward making out in the middle of the shop, especially since I was supposed to be working. He finally pulled away, his eyes burning into mine.

"See you tonight" he said before shooting a look at Ron and George. Then, he disapparated.

"Terribly sorry about that" I said, looking down at the floor to hide my blush.

"I-It's fine" said Ron, awkwardly.

George gave me an indecipherable look but then turned around to go to the backroom before I could say anything.

I didn't think much of it, deciding to go back to work and mind my own business.

A couple of hours passed as I helped today's customers find what they needed. I had to admit, I was getting pretty good at this whole thing.

"Excuse me?" said a high-pitched voice. I looked down to see a little girl staring at me with her eyes wide open in excitement.

"Hello love, how can I help you?" I asked.

"Could I get a Skiving Snack box please?"

"Of course!"

I led her to the shelf which held the Skiving Snack boxes but it was empty.

"Give me a minute, I'll just get it from the storeroom" I said before stalking off to the back where I was hoping to find some leftover snack boxes.

When I entered, George was already in there, looking for something on the overflowing shelf. The storeroom was very small and got quite crowded when the two of us were in there together. 

"Hey" I said, looking at the shelf to see what I needed.

"Hi" George said casually.

I stood next to him and got on my tip-toes to reach for the box, George reached for it at the same time causing our hands to collide.

"Sorry, you first" he said, pulling his hand away quickly. I removed the snack box from the shelf with great difficulty seeing as it was so high up, and clutched it close to my chest.

 I watched him as he reached out his arm and picked up another box effortlessly. He was rather tall. He dusted the box before placing it on a pile near the shelf.

George glanced at me from the corner of his eye.

"I know I'm handsome but don't let that get in the way of anything, Malfoy might not like that" he said cheekily.

"I wasn't staring!" I said to which he only smirked in response.

"I believe you" he said. I spun around and walked out, slightly embarrassed. I was most definitely staring, both of us knew that.

I handed the little girl her Skiving Snack and she thanked before running to the counter to purchase it.

I found myself smiling, my thoughts inadvertently focusing on when our hands touched. Why was I even thinking of that? I quickly shrugged the thought away, it was quite silly.

But as I worked the sales for the rest of the day, the grin George had flashed me today morning kept coming back to me and I couldn't push it away.

.

"Hello Grandpa" I said to him, he was sitting on the sofa and reading a book. He looked up at me and gave me a small smile. I still hadn't asked him about the meeting he had with that man the other day, I wasn't sure how to bring it up. He had been lying to the man, but for what reason? Was he embarrassed of me?

I was distracted by the owl tapping loudly on our window. I opened it and received the letter from the snowy white owl.

I ripped it open to see that it was addressed from Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan. I hadn't heard from them in a very long time! Why were they writing to me all of a sudden?

Dear Evelyn,

We would like to invite you to our wedding, this is a personal invitation because it's going to be a small ceremony. Seamus and I eloped a month ago and decided to have a small ceremony on the 12th of November.

We really hope you can be there, and we really miss you. Below is the formal invite.

Love,

Seamus and Dean

I couldn't believe it! They were actually getting married! I thought back to almost three or four years ago when I became good friends with the two of them. We were quite close, in fact, I had played a small role in them getting together.

I smiled at the memory. Even though we had drifted apart since then, they had still invited me to their wedding, and I was definitely going to attend it.