CHAPTER 22

"Morning Evie" George smiled and pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

"Morning George, actually, I just came in to tell you that I'm going to have to take the day off" I said.

"What? Why?" his brow furrowed.

I didn't want to lie to him, I was trying to get rid of that nasty habit of mine.

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

'You're scaring me"

"No, I just have to meet Sirius about something important. I promise I'll tell you the reason afterwards"

"Why Sirius? Did anything bad happen?"

"No it isn't anything bad, I just have a few questions I need to ask him"

George looked slightly hesitant but nodded his head anyway.

"I'm going to miss not having you around for the whole day" he said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on the back of his neck and smiled.

"Miss not having me around or miss not being able to kiss me in the storeroom?" I smirked.

"Both" he grinned before leaning in to kiss me again. I loved the feeling of his lips on mine, it was indescribable.

"MOMMY MOMMY LOOK! THEY'RE MAKING BABIES!" I heard a high-pitched squeal and broke away from George to see a young boy pointing at us, his eyes widened in surprise.

A woman, who I assumed was his mother rushed towards him, looking slightly embarrassed.

"It's not nice to point Percy!" She grabbed him by the shoulders and forced his pointing arm down.

"Terribly sorry about that" she said.

"No problem, hello little Percy" George said, bending over to his level, "What can I get you?"

As Percy occupied George's attention I slipped out from the shop, feeling very nervous about what I was about to do.

.

I stood in front of the door at Grimmauld's place, Sirius' letter scrunched in one hand and the other raised in the form of a fist to knock. I was finally going to get some questions answered. I took a deep breath and rapped on the door thrice.

After a few seconds, it was swung open by Sirius Black who looked rather surprised to see me.

"Evelyn?"

"Hello Sirius" I said.

"I wasn't expecting you, but come in" he said, flashing me a small smile.

"The person you were expecting isn't going to make it" I said, stepping into the hall. Sirius closed the door and turned around to face me.

"And why is that?" he asked.

I held up the letter Sirius had sent my grandpa a few days ago, "Because he didn't receive the letter" I said.

I didn't know if I imagined it but I saw admiration flash in Sirius' eyes.

"Have a seat" he said, pointing towards the chairs in the kitchen. The dining table which I had remembered as long and huge had become small, enough to seat only two people. I sat down on the chair,

"Tea? Coffee?"

"Water please, if you don't mind" I said, drumming my fingers on the table.

Sirius used his wand to fill a glass of water and send it over to me. He made tea for himself and then brought it to the table, sitting opposite from me.