CHAPTER 9

A/N: I just thought that this dress was absolutely gorgeous for Evelyn to wear to the wedding :)

"Are you ready yet?" I called from the living room. Draco was one of those people who spent hours getting ready, it was quite annoying.

Grandpa sat on his chair, not looking very pleased. Earlier, he had tried to convince me not to go but when I asked him what his motive was, he kept quiet. He was hiding something from me but I just didn't know what it was.

"Coming!" he shouted from upstairs and then a few footsteps later, he was in front of me, fixing his collar.

"Why did you even want to come? I thought you hated everyone over there" I said.

"No reason" he shrugged. We both knew he was lying, there was definitely a reason.

"See you later grandpa" I said before the two of us apparated to the wedding venue. 

I smoothened out the crinkles on my dress when we arrived. The wedding was taking place in a very nicely decorated garden. Marquees were present everywhere and a band played in the corner. Not many people had arrived, we were pretty early.

"I told you we were going to be early" groaned Draco. I had a terrible habit of reaching places earlier than usual.

"Sorry" I muttered as we made our way inside. Standing near the altar, with a handkerchief in her hand, was a small woman who looked as if she was in her mid 40's.

"Hello, I'm Evelyn" I said, holding my hand out for her to shake.

"Hello Evelyn, I'm Saoirse Finnigan, how can I help you?" she said kindly in a thick Irish accent.

"You're Seamus' mother?" I asked.

"Yes, and how are you related to him?"

"I'm one of his friends from Hogwarts, I was wondering if you could tell me where he is?"

"He's probably in one of the marquees" she pointed to a large one a bit far off from us.

Draco and I made our way towards it and sure enough, Seamus stood there with a drink in his hand.

"Seamus!" I called and ran over to him.

"Evelyn!" he grinned, pulling me into a hug.

"Congratulations, I'm so glad you guys are finally tying the knot"

"Eh, it was bound to happen some day" suddenly he grew quiet and his gaze shifted behind me.

"Is that Draco Malfoy? I didn't invite him" he said, confused.

"Yea, he's my plus one"

"Hang on a minute, you're still dating?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms. Seamus looked at me and then at Draco,

"Nothing, I was just surprised that's all"

"Why? You thought we wouldn't last?"

"Oh Evelyn, always serious about everything. Relax, see you in a bit!" he patted me on the back before walking away to greet some other guests, leaving me confused. I shrugged it off and walked back to Draco.

"You know, if you're at a wedding, you can at least try talking to some people" I suggested.

Draco didn't reply. We seated ourselves on a couple of chairs and waited for more people to come. Soon enough, all the guests had arrived and the venue became more lively. I recognised a few people from school, Ernie, Padma, Parvati, Cho and many others. But I was looking for the Weasleys. I saw Ron and Hermione and decided to go say hi to them.