CHAPTER 8

I sat on the chair, resting my hands on the table and tapping nervously. Around me, people enjoyed their evening dinners. But I had something else on my mind. I had to tell Draco about Dean and Seamus' wedding. I knew for a fact that he was going to flip out over it, but I had to make him see some sense. They were two of my good friends after all, I couldn't just miss their wedding.

I glanced at my watch to see that it was 8 PM. Draco was forty minutes late, what was he up to?

As if on cue, he entered through the double doors. A few of the top buttons on his white shirt were open and his tie looked haphazardly worn.

"Sorry" he huffed, pulling out a chair and sitting on it.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"Just got..stuck at work" he said, not making any eye-contact with me.

I signalled to a waitress and gave her our order, Draco didn't even pay attention to what I ordered.

"So..how was work?" I asked, hoping that he would tell me at least something that would give me a clue as to what exactly he did at work.

"Same old same old. You tell me, the Weasleys haven't rattled your brain yet I hope" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I remember my first year, if Potter had been friends with me instead of that blood traitor Ronald Weasley, he would've been much better off" Draco scoffed.

"Better off than having killed Voldemort and destroying the dark side, saving all the good wizards in Europe?" I asked, trying to hold back a snicker, "Besides, I thought you were done with the whole death eater thing. Weren't you sick of being a death eater?" 

"That's different" he said. The waitress placed our food on the table and I dug in hungrily, not having eaten in a long time.

"And why do you still hate the Weasleys? Their blood status is now irrelevant, what else is there not to like? You know for a fact that Fred wasn't responsible for Alice's death" I asked. I saw nothing wrong with George, Fred and Ron. They seemed like wonderful people.

"Their stupid father, can't even do his muggle job properly. And all their mother does is cook food for them" I knew that Draco was struggling to find a valid argument. Everyone knew that Arthur Weasley was quite good at his job, he had even been promoted at the ministry.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" he said.

"Just curious" I shrugged, looking back down at my food. Shit, I had put him in a bad mood, how would I ever ask him about the wedding now? I decided to use another method, something more..venereal.

I touched my foot to his under the table and stroked gently.

"Draco?" I said, lowering my voice so that only he could hear. I couldn't believe I was doing this.

"Hmm?" he said, not moving his foot away.

I had his attention.

"I was just thinking..we haven't..you know..in a long time" I said, locking his gaze in mine. He looked at me, his eyes darkening.

"I've just been so stressed lately. I could really do with some....help" I tried to say seductively. It was so wrong of me to use his weakness for my advantage. But it's not like he hadn't done that to me before.

I could see his lips form a thin line, he looked around him before pushing his plate away. He pulled out his wallet, left some money at the table and then walked over to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up close to him before taking me out of the restaurant.