CHAPTER 20

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself in an unfamiliar bedroom. Last night's events came rushing back to me and my lips tugged in to a small smile. I looked down to see that George's head was still on my chest, his arm still wrapped around my waist and our legs still entangled under the sheet.

I lifted my hand and placed it in George's hair, playing with the ends of it gently. He stirred a little at the contact but his eyes remained closed. He looked so beautiful when he was asleep, I didn't want to wake him up.

But, he had the shop to open in the next hour so I had no other choice.

"George?" I whispered, shaking him slightly.

"Mmm?" his voice was deep and raspy from sleep.

"Wake up, it's 7 AM" I said.

"I don't want to wake up" he groaned, tightening his grip around my waist.

"You don't have a choice" I chuckled, still playing with the ends of his hair.

"Yes I do, I'm the owner and I'm not going to open the shop today" he said.

I moved from under him but his grip was too tight.

"C'mon, don't shut the whole shop down!" I said.

But he paid no attention. I tried to use a different tactic,

"If you keep it open, maybe when there's no one around, we could go to the storeroom and.."

His head jerked up and he turned to look at me, his eyes half-shut and a lazy smirk on his face,

"And what?" he asked.

"I'll leave that up to you" I said, taking advantage of this new position and slipping out from under him, tightening the blanket around myself.

"Oh alright, I guess we'll open then" he said, rolling off from bed and putting on a pair of boxers.

I noticed that my clothes and wand had somehow reached the corner of my room. I made sure the blanket was covering me entirely before getting up from the bed and walking over to pick up my clothes from the floor.

"I should get back home" I said, quickly pulling on all my clothes.

"Why?" he asked, trying to flatten his hair that was sticking out wildly in all directions. He walked closer to me and wrapped both his arms around my waist, pulling me into him and looking down at me.

"Well I need to brush my teeth, take a shower, put on some clothes.."

"You can do all that here" he said.

"I don't have my toothbrush, or my clothes" I reasoned.

"Okay then, but when you get back, I'm taking you out" he grinned.

I frowned slightly.

"What's wrong?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I-it's just that, I think I should talk to Draco. Technically I cheated on him and I feel terrible about it"

"You're getting back together with him?" he asked in disbelief.

"No I'm not, but he has the right to know, he was my boyfriend for a long time after all"

His eyes travelled my face and down my neck before stopping abruptly.

"Hang on a minute, what's this?" he asked, resting his fingertips on my right shoulder.

"What?" I asked. I turned around to face the mirror to see bruise marks peeking out from my t-shirt. And they were definitely not the love bites George had given me. Then, I remembered last night, when Draco squeezed my shoulders so hard I was sure that they would bruise.

"I-It's nothing" I said.

"Eve, you know you can tell me anything, that definitely isn't nothing" he said, his eyes fixed on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath. He was right, it was George, I could tell him anything.

"Well, last night, Draco may have gotten a little angry" I sighed.

"He did this to you?" his voice lowered. I nodded.

"I'm going to kill him"

"Don't be silly, like I said, it's nothing" I said.

"How fucking dare he? He can't hurt you like that!" he cried, looking angry.

"It's all in the past now" I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, "He's in the past, and he won't ever touch me again. I promise you George" I said truthfully.

"But it's wrong. What was he thinking hurting you like that?" he sounded upset, staring disdainfully at the bruises.

"I know it was wrong, but I'm going to move on from it. What's the point of fretting over things that make you upset?"

George didn't look very convinced. I pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth, "Besides, you're all I want" I whispered against his skin.

He broke into a smile, one of my favourite smiles, the ones that always brightened up his face.

"Really? How 'bout you show me that here on my bed? Or at the counter? Or in the kitchen? Or-"

I smacked his arm playfully and he smirked,

"Maybe another day" I winked and disapparated from his flat to get back home.

.

When I reached home, no one was there, not grandpa and not Draco. I had to get back to work in half an hour so I rushed up to take a shower, brush my teeth and put on some clothes.

I felt as if I was in a daydream, last night with George had been unreal, more than perfect. And as cheesy as it sounded, I missed him already. When had things taken such an unexpected turn? I didn't even realise when I started falling for George, it had just..happened.

His touches, his voice, his glances and smirks made me melt like no other. The freckles on his cheeks and his fiery red hair, and his hands, and his neck, I could go on and on and on.

I smiled to myself stupidly, sipping from a cup of tea. But all good things always come to an end. And mine came in the way of realising that I had to talk to Draco. How on earth was I ever going to do that?

I glanced at the small round table with the mail lying on it. Why hadn't grandpa opened any of those yet? I set my cup down in front of me and walked over to the small table. The first thing I saw was a small bit of parchment. It read:

We need to talk, Florence Fortescue's, 3 PM.

Draco

I sighed, crumpling the note and pocketing it, I'd have to face him sooner or later anyway. 

I rifled through the rest of the mail and came across another bit of parchment that caught my attention. It was addressed from 12, Grimmauld Place. I ripped it open shamelessly, without even respecting the sender's privacy, that letter was obviously not addressed to me. Poking my nose in other's businesses was an attribute of mine that I hated but my mother used to tell me that that's what my defining Slytherin quality was: the urge to get to the bottom of everything, without caring about the consequences.

I opened the letter and began to read it,

To Gerald,

I would like to invite you to my home on Thursday, 7 PM. Harry won't be there, he'll be at work at the Ministry. I believe there is something that you are hiding from me and I would like you to tell me about it.

Sirius.