Filling the Infinite Void with Potato Chips

Sebastian asks Andy "Wanna come back to my place?" and off they go, back to Sebastian's mother's basement.

When he sits down at his desk, thinking he might fool around a bit on minesweeper while Andy settles down, he is gravely mistaken as Andy puts a gloved hand onto Sebastian's thigh and stares into his eyes.

Sebastian retracts. "Oh," he says, "When I said 'Wanna come back to my place,' I didn't mean 'Let's have sex again.' Jesus, dude. It's like 5AM."

"I'm just trying to fill the void inside me right now." Andy says darkly.

"Well, fuckin'," Sebastian grabs a bag from the floor next to him, throwing it at Andy, "fill it with some fucking potato chips. That's what people do when they're sad. They eat and get fat so that they have another excuse to not get out of bed."

Andy now moves his hand to Sebastian's shoulder and he flinches again. His eyes remain on Sebastian's, staring right into his soul. "It sounds like you've had experience."

"Don't do this right now," Sebastian flings up his arms, "I'm not one of your little thirteen year old 'Army' girls, man. I have my shit together." He stands up and starts rummaging around. He slams drawers and kicks items on the floor out of his way.

"Can you turn around? I have to get changed."

Andy frowns. "We just had sex."

"Yeah, well, I was behind you. You didn't see my ass."

Andy squints. "Okay?"

While he's turned, he gazes around the room. The bed is unmade, so severely that the blanket is half hanging out of the window. Three Nirvana posters hang on the walls at odd angles, like he just slapped them on when he put them up. A glass of milk sits on his night table, foaming and bubbling, looking like it's been there for weeks. A sock, so sticky it was smacked to the wall, and stayed there, stuck.

Andy soon came to the realization that although Sebastian and him looked and seemed a lot alike, there was something that drastically set the two apart. While Andy cared a lot about looking cool and being perceived a certain way, Sebastian actually did not give a shit. He found himself totally dumbfounded--and a little turned on.

And for the grand finale, as he turned around after getting the okay, and gazed at Sebastian, dressed in ripped up Star Wars pajama pants, the biggest near the crotch, although he didn't seem to notice, he looked at him, impressively bored.

"What?"

Andy said nothing, he only scoffed.

"Listen, I was joking back there, but if you're actually horny right now, there's a couch upstairs you can sleep on. I just didn't want you to have to sleep out in the rain."

Andy shakes his head. "No, I'm okay. You're just...wow, man," he exhales. "You're incredible."

"Oh, great," he rolls his eyes, "So this wasn't about sex at all. Now we're getting all romantic and shit? I swear..." Sebastian went on, being a real piece of shit--but Andy didn't take it personally.

He lights a cigarette from the table next to him, walks over, and sticks it in Sebastian's mouth. He naturally inhales and exhales smoke upwards, his eyes rolling back in pleasure.

He smiles, looking back at Andy between heavy eyes. "Mm...you know, you're starting to grow on me." He takes the cigarette between his fingers and walks past Andy to the bed against the wall. He puts the cigarette back in his mouth, and takes a real long time arranging himself under the covers. He sits back, arms behind his head, and exhales to the ceiling, looking at peace.

"You coming or what?" He says to Andy.

Andy's face lights up, and without even taking his fucking shoes off--the ones with the giant buckles and spikes--he jumps into bed next to him and gets underneath.

Sebastian glances over. "Those things are gonna kill me in my sleep," he says, but really, is too happy to care.