Truth

I waited for him to come back anxiously.

What were we doing at a police station?

A minute or so later he came back and said "Let's go"

We walked out of the police station. The rain had, luckily, calmed down. We still had to walk, anyways.

"C-Can.. Can you tell me now..?" I ask, breaking the silence between us.

Jake sighed, "Aiden, I.." He choked back a sob, "M-my house.."

-

Jake locked the door after we walked into his room. "Y-you n-need wa-warm clothes.." He looked down. Shyly. Awkwardly.

How much has this guy changed in the past two years?! Geez! This isn't the Jake I remember!

"I-I'm fi-"

"Here!" He got some clothes from his closet and handed them to me. "I-I won't look.." He turned around.

"O-okay..?"

-

After we both changed into clean, and warm clothes, I sat on Jake's bed, "J-Jake..?"

"Y-yeah?" He turned to me.

"P-please te me.." I looked down and played with my fingers.

"M-Matth-Matthew.." He sat next to me, "M-Matthew's in.. In the.. In the hospital.. E-emergency room.."

My eyes widened, "WHAT?! WHY?!"

Jake looked down, his dark hair dropping down on his eyes, "Wh-when I.. When I left you.." He hiccuped, "Two years ago.."

I placed my hand on top of his to calm him down a bit.

"I-I was.. I was being threatened.."

"WHAT?!" I jumped up on my feet, "By who?!"

"H-hold on.. I'm-I'm getting there.." He looked up at me.

"Right, sorry" I shook my head.

"Th-they told me.. I-I could either end my friendship with you.. Or.. Or they'd.. They'd kill Matthew.."

"Th-" I couldn't speak. I thought of many things. But once I'd open my mouth, nothing would come out.

"T-that..why.. I-I stopped talking to you.." He stood up, "I'm so sorry!" He hugged me.

"I-it's oka-okay" I stroke his hair softly.

"It's not!" He pulled away placing his hands on my shoulders, "Y-you were about to com-commit suicide!!"

I bit my lip, "Y-yes.. B-but.."

"I'm.. I'm a big jerk!" He looked down, "I.. I even had to join your bullies.." He sobbed, "I could've said something!!"

"Y-yes..-"

"P-please forgive me, Aiden.."

I bit my lip.

"Ha-hate me.. Hate me if you want.." He looked at me, "b-but.. But the person who threatened me.. Th-their name was-"

[[Lmao sorry for that- "cliffhanger"?-]]